Debate over Modhwadia as state Congress chief continues
- Babri Masjid demolition case: SC issues notices to Advani, other BJP leaders over conspiracy charges
- Seven years ago, everyone saw Delhi’s air take a deadly U-turn but no one did a thing
- LIVE: 16 dead as floods ravage parts of Jammu and Kashmir
- Take this, Congress: NDA plans a memorial for Narasimha Rao
- Punjab panel books Muslims, Christians with ‘fake’ SC papers
Another reason for the national party leadership favouring him is that he has all along been loyal to the party and this has helped him win trust of the party. Sources said even Rahul Gandhi at party's Jaipur conclave stressed that loyal party workers be given priority over those having come from other parties.
Asked if he would be contesting Lok Sabha by-poll from Porabander seat vacated by Vitthal Radadia after having got elected as MLA, Modhwadia said, "I was not in politics to contest elections. I am a party worker and happy with working for the party in any capacity."