Debate over Modhwadia as state Congress chief continues
- Malaysia signals missing plane carrying 239 including 5 Indians has crashed
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions over selected candidates and seat sharing
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
- Rest in freeze: Is Ashutosh Maharaj 40-day âclinically deadâ or a guru in a very long meditation?
Another reason for the national party leadership favouring him is that he has all along been loyal to the party and this has helped him win trust of the party. Sources said even Rahul Gandhi at party's Jaipur conclave stressed that loyal party workers be given priority over those having come from other parties.
Asked if he would be contesting Lok Sabha by-poll from Porabander seat vacated by Vitthal Radadia after having got elected as MLA, Modhwadia said, "I was not in politics to contest elections. I am a party worker and happy with working for the party in any capacity."