Debutant to join Shahana, Prachi in Rock On 2
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
Abhishek Kapoor's Rock On 2, will have a fresh female face joining the already existing cast of actresses, which include Prachi Desai and Shahana Goswami.
Confirms the co-writer of the film, Pubali Chaudhuri, "The story moves on from where it started. The male leads, Farhan Akhtar, Arjun Rampal and Purab Kohli are part of the project. As a new inclusion, a fresh female face will be roped in along with the existing Shahana Goswami, who essayed Arjun's wife and Prachi who played Farhan's wife."
Like the original, the sequel too will be based on rock music and revolve around the bonding of the band mates. However, Luke Kenny who was part of the band will be missing since in part one, his character died in the end.
Meanwhile, Chaudhuri is eagerly awaiting the release of Kai Po Che, an adaptation of Chetan Bhagat's book, Three Mistakes Of My Life, which she co-wrote with Abhishek Kapoor. Talking about converting the book into a film she says, "We have tweaked the climax, and the audience will be left wondering whether all the three main leads—Sushant Singh Rajput, Raj Kumar and Amit Sadh unite in the end amidst the backdrop of politics and natural calamity."
The writer reveals that she spent three years working on the film's script, and there was a point when both she and her co-writer Abhishek Kapoor, who is also directing the film thought of abandoning the project. She explains, "We completed 10 drafts of the script after which we did a narration with Javed saab (Akhtar). He pointed out some weak links in the story. This mid-point crisis disheartened us, and we thought of scrapping the film's idea completely." But, considering that they had a story in hand (the book), the duo thought of re-working on the script all over again.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU