Deccan Gym regain menís crown
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Gadkari âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
Former champions Deccan Gymkhana, Pune fashioned an exciting five-point win over defending champions Central Railway to regain the title, in the 11th Nagpada Basketball Association Invitational Tournament, at the Bachookhan Municipal Playground, Nagpada. Deccan Gymkhana, winners in 2009-10 and 2010-11, endured a second half challenge after holding sway in the first half to snatch a narrow 82-77 victory.
Results (All finals): Girls U-20: Holy Cross 38 (Saran 12, Carina 8, Amruta Bhuskute 6) bt St. Anthony's, Chembur 16 (Shagun Wazir 8). HT: 18-7. Boys U-20: NNH 67 (Mohsin Shaikh 23, Naved Qureshi 18, Aquib Khan 18) bt Savio Club 61 (Kush Lahankar 20, Melvin Rego 19, Paras 12, Lav Lahankar 10). HT: 37-40. Men: Deccan Gym 82 (Siddhanth Shinde 38, Akshay Bhosle 13, Deepak Pawar 12, Ajinkya Mehta 11) bt Central Rly 77 (Fardeen Khan 29, Amit Kumar 22, Raj Kalshor 11, Abhishek Singh 9) . HT: 39-31.
United India win
United India Insurance entered the second round of Insurance Shield Cricket Tournament defeating Canara Bank by 136 runs here on Tuesday.
BRIEF SCORES: Oriental Insurance : 130 in 29.5 overs ( Jasbir Singh Mankoo 40, Vijay Dixit 28, Jitu Ingle 29 ; Bhagwan Sanap 3/15, Uday Bagkar 3/16) lost to L & T Insurance : 133/1 in 19.3 overs ( Niles Dere 36 n.o., Ajith Nair 75 n.o.; United India Insurance : 226/6 (Manoj Waghela 64, Vijayanand Bharathi 50, Sachin Jagtp 30 n.o.; Rajendra Vishwasrao 3/34) Bt. Canara Bank 90 (Shirish Waingankar 40; Sachin Jagtap 5/46, P. Kotin 2/13); New India Assurance : 190 (Ambaji Rane 33, Shailesh Shetty 24, Anand venkatraman 36, Prashant Dalvi 66; Prasanna Shetty 4/28, Mohit Somani 2/31) Lost to Times of India : 191/6 in 25 overs ( Mohit Somani 30, Vijay Nikam 61, Jayesh Pandolskar 25 n.o., Prasanna Shetty 25 n.o.; Shailesh Shetty 3/41); Mazgaon Dock : 254/6 (Santosh Pawaskar 75, Izhar Siddique 25, Umesh Rane 64; Jairaj Chitnis 4/33) Bt. General Insurance : 141 in 28 overs (Jairaj Chitnis 24, Shekhar Amberkar 42; Santosh Pawaskar 3/39, Satish Kurup 3/28, Shaikh Mushtaq 3/31).
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore