Deccan Gym regain menís crown
- Mulayam asks teaching assistants to vote SP, EC sees a 'violation'
- BJP relents to Chandrababu Naidu's demands, alliance likely to continue
- Azam Khan threatens to move Supreme Court, slams EC's relief to Amit Shah
- PMO defends Manmohan Singh, says GDP has grown three times during UPA rule
- IPL 7: Maxwellâs 43-ball 95 helps KXIP chase 206
Former champions Deccan Gymkhana, Pune fashioned an exciting five-point win over defending champions Central Railway to regain the title, in the 11th Nagpada Basketball Association Invitational Tournament, at the Bachookhan Municipal Playground, Nagpada. Deccan Gymkhana, winners in 2009-10 and 2010-11, endured a second half challenge after holding sway in the first half to snatch a narrow 82-77 victory.
Results (All finals): Girls U-20: Holy Cross 38 (Saran 12, Carina 8, Amruta Bhuskute 6) bt St. Anthony's, Chembur 16 (Shagun Wazir 8). HT: 18-7. Boys U-20: NNH 67 (Mohsin Shaikh 23, Naved Qureshi 18, Aquib Khan 18) bt Savio Club 61 (Kush Lahankar 20, Melvin Rego 19, Paras 12, Lav Lahankar 10). HT: 37-40. Men: Deccan Gym 82 (Siddhanth Shinde 38, Akshay Bhosle 13, Deepak Pawar 12, Ajinkya Mehta 11) bt Central Rly 77 (Fardeen Khan 29, Amit Kumar 22, Raj Kalshor 11, Abhishek Singh 9) . HT: 39-31.
United India win
United India Insurance entered the second round of Insurance Shield Cricket Tournament defeating Canara Bank by 136 runs here on Tuesday.
BRIEF SCORES: Oriental Insurance : 130 in 29.5 overs ( Jasbir Singh Mankoo 40, Vijay Dixit 28, Jitu Ingle 29 ; Bhagwan Sanap 3/15, Uday Bagkar 3/16) lost to L & T Insurance : 133/1 in 19.3 overs ( Niles Dere 36 n.o., Ajith Nair 75 n.o.; United India Insurance : 226/6 (Manoj Waghela 64, Vijayanand Bharathi 50, Sachin Jagtp 30 n.o.; Rajendra Vishwasrao 3/34) Bt. Canara Bank 90 (Shirish Waingankar 40; Sachin Jagtap 5/46, P. Kotin 2/13); New India Assurance : 190 (Ambaji Rane 33, Shailesh Shetty 24, Anand venkatraman 36, Prashant Dalvi 66; Prasanna Shetty 4/28, Mohit Somani 2/31) Lost to Times of India : 191/6 in 25 overs ( Mohit Somani 30, Vijay Nikam 61, Jayesh Pandolskar 25 n.o., Prasanna Shetty 25 n.o.; Shailesh Shetty 3/41); Mazgaon Dock : 254/6 (Santosh Pawaskar 75, Izhar Siddique 25, Umesh Rane 64; Jairaj Chitnis 4/33) Bt. General Insurance : 141 in 28 overs (Jairaj Chitnis 24, Shekhar Amberkar 42; Santosh Pawaskar 3/39, Satish Kurup 3/28, Shaikh Mushtaq 3/31).
- Cong appoints Harshad scam accused as chief of Mumbai Gujarati cell
- Militants kill PDP sarpanch in Valley
- VVIP chopper scam: CBI chief meets envoy in Italy
- In final run, Mavericks first hurdle for Spurs
- Injuries to Neymar, Alba add to Barcelona’s woes
- Rani Jhansi flyover: HC notices to civic body, Railways