Decide on Kalu dam fast, HC tells MoEF
- TDP and BJP set to part ways; both may field candidates on all Seemandhra seats
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
The Bombay High Court on Wednesday asked the Union Ministry of Environment and Forests (MoEF) to inform the court its decision on the Maharashtra government's proposal to construct the Kalu dam. A division bench of acting Chief Justice D D Sinha and Justice K K Tated, while asking the MoEF to file its affidavit by January 15, has asked it to expedite the decision on the dam project.
The court was hearing a public interest litigation filed by Shramik Mukti Sanghatana opposing the dam on the grounds that that it is in an earthquake-prone zone, along faultlines. According to the organization, the project will submerge at least five villages and more than 2,000 hectares of forest land. The court had in March stayed construction at the site. It has directed that the stay continue until all necessary permissions are secured from the Union government.
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer