Decision on draft plan postponed
- INS Sindhuratna mishap: Two officers trapped inside feared dead, 7 sailors injured
- Congress not serious about seat sharing, all options open for LJP: Ram Vilas Paswan
- No execution for KLF terrorist Bhullar in present health condition: Centre tells SC
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
PMC corporators rue non-availability of the draft in Marathi
The decision on the draft Development Plan (DP) was postponed after corporators created ruckus at the Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) special general body meeting over the non-availability of the draft in Marathi. The matter will now come up for discussion on January 7.
The tabling of the draft proposal in the previous general body meeting on urgency basis had created controversy. The ruling alliance's efforts to get the proposal approved failed as it could not muster two-third majority and it was decided to take up the proposal for discussion in a special general body meeting.
A presentation on the draft DP was also arranged for the corporators to enable them to understand the details of the plan. However, the MNS and BJP demanded the draft in Marathi. Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak has assured that the copies of the draft DP in Marathi will be provided to them within a week.