Decision on draft plan postponed
- Highest earners in 75% rural households earned below Rs 5K: SECC
- Ex-RAW chief's revelation: Congress seeks PM's apology for Gujarat riots
- Hema Malini's car accident: Victim's family upset with BJP MP
- Kandahar operation: BJP dismisses ex-RAW chief's claims of 'goof-up'
- Gujarat HC dismisses petition against PM Narendra Modi for filing defective affidavit
PMC corporators rue non-availability of the draft in Marathi
The decision on the draft Development Plan (DP) was postponed after corporators created ruckus at the Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) special general body meeting over the non-availability of the draft in Marathi. The matter will now come up for discussion on January 7.
The tabling of the draft proposal in the previous general body meeting on urgency basis had created controversy. The ruling alliance's efforts to get the proposal approved failed as it could not muster two-third majority and it was decided to take up the proposal for discussion in a special general body meeting.
A presentation on the draft DP was also arranged for the corporators to enable them to understand the details of the plan. However, the MNS and BJP demanded the draft in Marathi. Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak has assured that the copies of the draft DP in Marathi will be provided to them within a week.