Decision on draft plan postponed
- Amit Shah moves HC against FIRs on hate speeches
- Defiant Azam Khan stands by Kargil won by Muslim soldiers remark, gets EC notice
- Lok Sabha polls: Voting picks up in NE states; 40 per cent turnout in Manipur till noon
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Elections 2014 LIVE: It's in Cong's character to make false promises to win elections, says Modi on Shinde's turf
PMC corporators rue non-availability of the draft in Marathi
The decision on the draft Development Plan (DP) was postponed after corporators created ruckus at the Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) special general body meeting over the non-availability of the draft in Marathi. The matter will now come up for discussion on January 7.
The tabling of the draft proposal in the previous general body meeting on urgency basis had created controversy. The ruling alliance's efforts to get the proposal approved failed as it could not muster two-third majority and it was decided to take up the proposal for discussion in a special general body meeting.
A presentation on the draft DP was also arranged for the corporators to enable them to understand the details of the plan. However, the MNS and BJP demanded the draft in Marathi. Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak has assured that the copies of the draft DP in Marathi will be provided to them within a week.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move