Decision on draft plan postponed
- Rail Budget 2015: No hike in passenger fares, Prabhu promises modern rail network
- Rail Budget: Ally Shiv Sena not satisfied, but Mulayam says Prabhu has done a 'good job'
- Rail Budget futuristic and passenger centric: PM Modi
- PDP, BJP thrash out differences; all clear for Mufti-Modi meeting tomorrow
- Hummer horror: Senior policeman suspended for secretly meeting Kerala businessman
PMC corporators rue non-availability of the draft in Marathi
The decision on the draft Development Plan (DP) was postponed after corporators created ruckus at the Pune Municipal Corporation's (PMC) special general body meeting over the non-availability of the draft in Marathi. The matter will now come up for discussion on January 7.
The tabling of the draft proposal in the previous general body meeting on urgency basis had created controversy. The ruling alliance's efforts to get the proposal approved failed as it could not muster two-third majority and it was decided to take up the proposal for discussion in a special general body meeting.
A presentation on the draft DP was also arranged for the corporators to enable them to understand the details of the plan. However, the MNS and BJP demanded the draft in Marathi. Municipal Commissioner Mahesh Pathak has assured that the copies of the draft DP in Marathi will be provided to them within a week.