Decks cleared for $10-bn IAF fighter jet deal
- After Fali Nariman, former SC judge questions Lokpal selection process
- TRS wonât merge, Congress readies to walk alone in both Andhra and Bihar
- Flanked by Paswans, Modi sells âN(Development)Aâ
- Gadkari âproposalâ for Raj: Donât put up candidates for LS
- CBI to look into DLF high-rise plan near Rashtrapati Bhavan
Decks have been cleared for the finalisation of $10-billion deal to provide 126 new fighter aircraft to the IAF. The Defence Acquisition Council headed by Defence Minister on Friday cleared the opening of commercial bids for the two contenders — Eurofighter and Rafale.
Sources said the two parties will be called for opening of commercial bids within 10 days following which the winner would be decided.
Formal letters inviting the two companies for commercial bidding are likely to be issued shortly. Top honchos from both firms are expected to fly in within a week's time.
However, it may take about a month after opening of the bids to determine the winning contender. Sources said an agreement to buy new fighter would be signed in the current financial year.
- Russia tightens grip in Crimea, West threatens ‘consequences’
- Heavy patrolling in Sector 23 after thief leaves daring note
- Difference of opinion between Patil and UT’s senior standing counsel led to his resignation
- Commissioner to look into shady land deals in 35 villages: High Court
- Class X maths exam easy for some, tough for others
- Panchkula MC approves budget of Rs 39 crore