Decomposed body of 9-year-old girl missing for 20 days found
- Supreme Court to hear plea today for relook at verdict on gay sex
- J&K Governor calls for talks today, PDP signals phone call from Delhi may bring back BJP alliance
- RBI keeps repo rate unchanged at 6.7%; CRR at 4%
- Raigad: 13 Pune college students drown during picnic at Murud beach
- Zika virus outbreak: WHO declares global emergency
A badly decomposed body of a nine year old girl, who went missing 20 days ago, was recovered Saturday from a dry water tank in Shakti Nagar area at Basti Jodhewal.
The body, later identified as that of the minor girl who went missing on April 22, was recovered after an alarm was raised by a group of children who entered the plot and noticed the body lying in the empty water tank, police said.
A team of Basti Jodhewal police reached the spot, took possession of the body and informed the girl's father who also confirmed the deceased as his daughter. A case related to her abduction under sections 363 and 367 of IPC was already registered with the police.
"We have added murder charge in the case. Prima facie it appears that the kidnappers had killed her soon after abduction. We are investigating and the accused will be arrested soon," said Balwinder Singh, SHO, Basti Jodhewal.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms