Decomposed body of 9-year-old girl missing for 20 days found
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri, says communal harmony will take country forward
- Mobile internet services cut in Jammu after recovery of cows' carcasses
- Volkswagen recalls 389 units of Polo model in India
- Air Force plans for women to fight wars: will they fly in the face of conventional non-combat roles?
- After Mumbai, Ghulam Ali's concert in Pune cancelled following Shiv Sena protest
A badly decomposed body of a nine year old girl, who went missing 20 days ago, was recovered Saturday from a dry water tank in Shakti Nagar area at Basti Jodhewal.
The body, later identified as that of the minor girl who went missing on April 22, was recovered after an alarm was raised by a group of children who entered the plot and noticed the body lying in the empty water tank, police said.
A team of Basti Jodhewal police reached the spot, took possession of the body and informed the girl's father who also confirmed the deceased as his daughter. A case related to her abduction under sections 363 and 367 of IPC was already registered with the police.
"We have added murder charge in the case. Prima facie it appears that the kidnappers had killed her soon after abduction. We are investigating and the accused will be arrested soon," said Balwinder Singh, SHO, Basti Jodhewal.