Decomposed body of 9-year-old girl missing for 20 days found
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
A badly decomposed body of a nine year old girl, who went missing 20 days ago, was recovered Saturday from a dry water tank in Shakti Nagar area at Basti Jodhewal.
The body, later identified as that of the minor girl who went missing on April 22, was recovered after an alarm was raised by a group of children who entered the plot and noticed the body lying in the empty water tank, police said.
A team of Basti Jodhewal police reached the spot, took possession of the body and informed the girl's father who also confirmed the deceased as his daughter. A case related to her abduction under sections 363 and 367 of IPC was already registered with the police.
"We have added murder charge in the case. Prima facie it appears that the kidnappers had killed her soon after abduction. We are investigating and the accused will be arrested soon," said Balwinder Singh, SHO, Basti Jodhewal.
Meanwhile, a team of doctors, including Manjot Kaur, Anantjeet Kaur and Avinash Jindal who conducted the postmortem at Civil Hospital, are suspecting that the child may have been sexually assaulted before being killed. The postmortem report is not yet out.