Decomposed body of 9-year-old girl missing for 20 days found
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A badly decomposed body of a nine year old girl, who went missing 20 days ago, was recovered Saturday from a dry water tank in Shakti Nagar area at Basti Jodhewal.
The body, later identified as that of the minor girl who went missing on April 22, was recovered after an alarm was raised by a group of children who entered the plot and noticed the body lying in the empty water tank, police said.
A team of Basti Jodhewal police reached the spot, took possession of the body and informed the girl's father who also confirmed the deceased as his daughter. A case related to her abduction under sections 363 and 367 of IPC was already registered with the police.
"We have added murder charge in the case. Prima facie it appears that the kidnappers had killed her soon after abduction. We are investigating and the accused will be arrested soon," said Balwinder Singh, SHO, Basti Jodhewal.
Meanwhile, a team of doctors, including Manjot Kaur, Anantjeet Kaur and Avinash Jindal who conducted the postmortem at Civil Hospital, are suspecting that the child may have been sexually assaulted before being killed. The postmortem report is not yet out.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid