Deepa, Abhijit stopped from entering Tehatta
- Ashutosh, Shazia Ilmi taken for questioning over clashes with BJP
- I am more qualified for PM post than Narendra Modi: Nitish Kumar
- Doctors in UP call off strike after Allahabad HC's intervention
- Ukraine crisis: Crimea sets referendum on whether to join Russia
- SC adjourns Centreâs plea restraining TN from releasing Rajiv killers till March 26
Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunsi and Birbhum MP Abhijit Mukherjee were stopped from entering Tehatta by the district administration saying Section 144 of the CrPC has been imposed. She was stopped 35 km from spot where violence took place.
"It is a deliberate attempt by the Trinamool Congress government to suppress the truth. It's a reflection of naked politicisation of the administration in the manner I was prevented from visiting the area," said Dasmunsi.
"Even if Section 144 was imposed in the 1,000-metre radius, why were we turned away 35 kms from the site," Dasmunsi asked, and added that the Trinamool Congress had organised a rally on Friday, a kilometre away from the violence-affected area.
Asked about the reason for barring Dasmunsi from entering Tehatta, the Home Secreatry said it was the duty of the local administration, the Nadia SP and DM to take steps to maintain peace in the area.
- No jobs for students of state’s first dairy, fisheries colleges
- Mayor blames contractors for bad roads, says better material to be used now
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students