Deepa, Abhijit stopped from entering Tehatta
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Narendra Modi
- Elections 2014 LIVE: EC censures Amit Shah, Azam Khan over controversial remarks
- Rahul Gandhi tells Narendra Modi: 'Ullu' banana band karo
- Serious allegations against N Srinivasan in IPL spot-fixing probe report, keep him away from BCCI: Supreme Court
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score: Malinga breaks solid stand, cleans up Pandey for 64
Union Minister of State for Urban Development Deepa Dasmunsi and Birbhum MP Abhijit Mukherjee were stopped from entering Tehatta by the district administration saying Section 144 of the CrPC has been imposed. She was stopped 35 km from spot where violence took place.
"It is a deliberate attempt by the Trinamool Congress government to suppress the truth. It's a reflection of naked politicisation of the administration in the manner I was prevented from visiting the area," said Dasmunsi.
"Even if Section 144 was imposed in the 1,000-metre radius, why were we turned away 35 kms from the site," Dasmunsi asked, and added that the Trinamool Congress had organised a rally on Friday, a kilometre away from the violence-affected area.
Asked about the reason for barring Dasmunsi from entering Tehatta, the Home Secreatry said it was the duty of the local administration, the Nadia SP and DM to take steps to maintain peace in the area.