Deepa’s convoy ‘attacked’
- Modi's appeal to the rich: 'Give up subsidised LPG'
- Distrust deepens, AAP countdown begins for easing out Yadav and Prashant Bhushan
- MS Dhoni: Smudged, but colour remains
- Maharashtra: First arrests made under new law banning beef trade
- Ribeiro an icon, I felt sad reading his piece, told the PM: Nitin Gadkari
SP of East Midnapore Sukesh Jain, however, denied laxity on his part. "Soon after receiving the call from the Congress leaders, we sent a police team to restore peace in the area," said Jain.
Earlier in Haldia, Dasmunsi lambasted the Trinamool for "spoiling the business climate and worsening law and order situation in the state". She demanded a CBI inquiry into the Haldia port fiasco that led to ABG-led HBT's exit from the port. "When Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee was in the opposition, she used to demand CBI inquiry into every incident. Why is she now silent when we are demanding a CBI probe into the Haldia port fiasco?" said said.
She alleged that the corruption in Haldia port has reached a pinnacle.
Stressing on the need for a comprehensive land policy from the state government, she claimed that the Trinamool government has failed to do any development of the state.
She assured the dock workers who lost their jobs in the wake of HBT's pullout that Congress will do whatever it could for their benefit. "Don't be afraid. We are supporting your movement and we will help you out," she told the jobless workers who attended the party's demonstration.