Deepak Paygude is MNS city unit choice
- Detention of separatists shows how fragile is India-Pak peace process
- Pakistan refuses to host CPU meet, says will not invite J&K speaker
- Rajasthan civic polls: BJP loses face in Raje's bastion of Jhalawar, Dholpur
- Brutally assaulted in jail, claims Dec 16 gangrape convict
- CAG indictment of discoms in Delhi: Best news for AAP government
The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) city unit is going to push Deepak Paygude's name as the party's candidate for the Pune Lok Sabha constituency before MNS chief Raj Thackeray who will be in the city on Monday. The party workers have sent a strong signal to Thackeray that they are averse to the candidature of Anil Shidore, whose name has been doing the rounds for the last few days.
Even as other parties including the BJP, Congress and BSP have started preparations for the polls, MNS was very quiet on its front. Two days back, the name of Anil Shidore who is chief of Maharashtra Navnirman Academy came up as MNS candidate for Pune Lok Sabha seat, as Congress and BJP are trying to field Brahmin candidates from Pune in the backdrop of BSP declaring D S Kulkarni as their candidate from Pune.