Deepak Paygude is MNS city unit choice
- Bulandshahr gangrape case: SC pulls up Azam Khan for calling the incident 'political conspiracy'
- Rajnath Singh to lead all-party team to Kashmir on September 4
- Banks, govt offices reopen, private cars back on roads as curfew lifted in most parts of Kashmir
- Expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa says won't resign from Rajya Sabha
- Scorpene Submarine data leak being viewed 'very seriously', says Navy chief
The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) city unit is going to push Deepak Paygude's name as the party's candidate for the Pune Lok Sabha constituency before MNS chief Raj Thackeray who will be in the city on Monday. The party workers have sent a strong signal to Thackeray that they are averse to the candidature of Anil Shidore, whose name has been doing the rounds for the last few days.
Even as other parties including the BJP, Congress and BSP have started preparations for the polls, MNS was very quiet on its front. Two days back, the name of Anil Shidore who is chief of Maharashtra Navnirman Academy came up as MNS candidate for Pune Lok Sabha seat, as Congress and BJP are trying to field Brahmin candidates from Pune in the backdrop of BSP declaring D S Kulkarni as their candidate from Pune.
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist
- Ironically, freedom of speech was first restricted to curb anti-Pakistan views
- Scorpene data leak underlines hazards of India’s dependence for military hardware
- Government has the opportunity to rein in food inflation on a sustainable basis
- PM Dahal must address coalition concerns, balance relations with India, China
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism