Deepak Paygude is MNS city unit choice
- Missile Technology Control Regime welcomes India as full member
- Who will replace Raghuram Rajan? Shortlist narrowed down to four, officials say
- Lionel Messi retires: Have we seen the last of Argentina's 'second best'?
- Under attack from Subramanian Swamy, Arun Jaitley wants party to act
- 2008 Malegaon blasts case: When five witnesses became two and gave new versions
The Maharashtra Navnirman Sena (MNS) city unit is going to push Deepak Paygude's name as the party's candidate for the Pune Lok Sabha constituency before MNS chief Raj Thackeray who will be in the city on Monday. The party workers have sent a strong signal to Thackeray that they are averse to the candidature of Anil Shidore, whose name has been doing the rounds for the last few days.
Even as other parties including the BJP, Congress and BSP have started preparations for the polls, MNS was very quiet on its front. Two days back, the name of Anil Shidore who is chief of Maharashtra Navnirman Academy came up as MNS candidate for Pune Lok Sabha seat, as Congress and BJP are trying to field Brahmin candidates from Pune in the backdrop of BSP declaring D S Kulkarni as their candidate from Pune.
- The crowd that pushed for Brexit doesn't have a clue on the road ahead
- The ‘ADM Jabalpur’ judgment in the backdrop of Emergency remains a blot
- Modi govt's efforts for NSG membership are worth following
- Providing basic income guarantee to all citizens would be prohibitive
- Panikkar’s was uniquely Kerala theatre and, therefore, truly national
- Donald Trump could lead the US back to a past it had moved on from