Deepika not confirmed for Kick
- Centre slashes petrol, diesel prices by Rs 2; Delhi rates go up due to VAT
- PM Modi launches Skill India, says war against poverty will be won
- Indian Army says drone shot down by Pak not its
- CBI arrests Karnataka Congress MLA Anil Lad in illegal mining case
- Swati Maliwal not even remotely connected to me: Kejriwal on DCW row
Though no date has been locked for Salman Khan's Kick to take off, many things related to the project are already in place. With Khan playing the protagonist and producer Sajid Nadiawala making his debut as a director, the film's budget has been penned at a staggering Rs 150 crore with an international star doing a song sequence. "A major part of the film will be shot in the UK, and it'll also have high-octane action scenes. Though names of many actresses like Deepika Padukone have been floating around, no female lead has been finalised as yet.
This is primarily because Salman has to give us his dates and only then can we finalise the heroine," said Nadiadwala's spokesperson.
Chetan Bhagat is writing the screenplay, while Rajat Arora is penning the dialogues of this remake of a Telugu film by the same name.
The shooting for the film is slated to take place in the second half of 2013.