Deepika Padukone bags three BIG Star Entertainment awards
- Coal blocks allocation scam: CBI questions key PM advisor TKA Nair
- Vladimir Putinâs âenvoyâ seeks India deals to counter Western sanctions
- Malaysia asks US to provide undersea surveillance equipment to search for the missing Malaysian plane
- After Advani, Jaswant gets the snub, Cong import Sonaram is BJP Barmer nominee
- Elections LIVE: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal shown black flags in Faridabad; Shiv Sena tells BJP to not sideline Advani yet
Actress Deepika Padukone won three awards at the BIG Star Entertainment awards including best actress in romantic and comedy role.
The 4th edition of The BIG Star Entertainment Awards, presented by Reliance Broadcast Network Ltd, is instituted to
honour talent and potential within India's Film and Television fraternity.
Padukone, who gave four back-to-back hits this year, won the most entertaining actor (female) for 'Chennai Express' and Farhan Akhtar won in the same category for 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag'. Filmmaker Rakesh Roshan was named the most entertaining director for 'Krrish 3'. 'Bhaag Milkha Bhaag' won the entertaining film of the year award.
Star Plus Entertainer of the Year award went to superstar Shah Rukh Khan and entertainer of the century award was given to megastar Amitabh Bachchan.
Sonakshi Sinha and Aditya Roy Kapur won most entertaining actor awards in romantic film for 'Lootera' and 'Aashiqui 2', respectively. The best romantic film was Ayan Mukherjee's 'Yeh Jawani Hai Deewani'.
The best romantic couple award was shared by Aditya Roy Kapur-Shraddha Kapoor for 'Aashiqui 2' and Shahrukh Khan-Deepika Padukone for 'Chennai Express'.
The most entertaining actor in a comedy film (female) went to Deepika Padukone for 'Chennai Express' and Arshad Warsi (male) for 'Jolly LLB' and best comedy film was 'Chennai Express'. Actor Hrithik Roshan won most entertaining actor award in an action film for 'Krrish 3' while best action film award was won by 'Ram Leela'.
In the thriller segment, Mahie Gill and Jimmy Shergill won best actor awards for 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns'.
The most entertaining thrillers were 'Madrass Cafe' and 'Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster Returns'.
The most entertaining social drama (female) award went to veteran actress Sarika for 'Club 60' and Amitabh Bachchan (male) for 'Satyagraha'. 'Kai Po Che' was adjudged the best film in this section.
- Letter of the Week: Summer of discontent
- Youth’s murder may hamper JMM candidate’s prospects
- Valley, local students clash at Rajasthan varsity
- Cong ship rocks as heavyweights jump to Oppn camp
- Don’t know accused: SC judge rejects hint of bias in murder case
- After Advani, Jaswant gets the snub, Cong import Sonaram is BJP nominee for Barmer