Deepika Padukone makes her debut as fashion designer
- Suspend CSK and Rajasthan from IPL until probe, make Gavaskar BCCI chief: Supreme Court
- Subrata Roy to remain in jail as Sahara tells SC it cannot pay Rs 10,000 crore for release
- Modi takes 'Jayanthi tax' jibe at Congress, tears into its manifesto
- Pak men held in UP aimed at repeat of Jama Masjid attack
- March 27 Campaign roundup: In Bihar, Modi says Nitish failed to prevent terror strike for 'vote bank' politics
Actress Deepika Padukone has made her debut as a fashion designer with Van Heusen Woman's 'Limited Edition' collection, which she has co-created.
The 27-year-old, who is known for her minimal yet classic style, has pitched in ideas for the collection which is pegged around 'Old Hollywood' glamour where classic meets contemporary.
The palate of this co-created line features monochromatic shades for the uber chic, dusty rose pinks and cobalt blue.
"We'll I'm hardly a designer. I think I am someone who has ideas but I'm not very good at executing. But I'm very open to seeing new things and sharing my ideas and then of course I need people to help me put it all together," Deepika said in a statement.
"It's a little bit of what I already have and what I would like to see myself wearing. The collection is really about wearing your own personality. That's something I've always believed in. It's important to not forget who you are," she added.
The campaign has been shot in Milan.
"We are absolutely delighted to co-create a line with Deepika Padukone exclusively for Van Heusen. These dresses are an ultimate combination of style, class, modernity and substance. Women fashion followers have been quite influenced by Deepika's overall charisma and this creation sparkles with her elegant style," said Vinay Bhopatkar, Brand Head, Van Heusen.
- Green chilli, chappals and stethoscope among 85 free symbols for Independent candidates
- Politicking peaks to new high in Maval: 3 Jagtaps, 2 Barnes jump into fray
- After Chavan’s pep talk, sulking Nimhan joins Cong-NCP poll campaign
- Keep country free of communalism, BJP and Modi: Pawar to voters
- I-League: Mehta goal keeps East Bengal at bay
- The Covered Girl