Deepika Padukone to be in four avatars at Screen Awards
- Arvind Kejriwal offers to resign as AAP national convener
- Will fix responsibility, assures Rajnath Singh as House debates Dec 16 gangrape documentary
- Setback for Ashok Chavan, HC refuses dropping his name from Adarsh scam accused list
- Reserve Bank of India cuts interest rate by 25 basis points
- Biggest ever spectrum auction begins; govt eyeing over Rs 80K-cr revenue
Bollywood's reigning queen Deepika Padukone has achieved a new high in 2013 by featuring in four top grosser films – 'Race 2, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Chennai Express' and 'Ram-Leela'.
At the 20th Annual Life OK Screen Awards, the glamourous actress will put her luck 4 number to test again. Deepika Padukone will set the stage on fire at the Screen Awards in four different avatars.
Deepika Padukone has been nominated in the Best Actor (Female) category for 'Ram-Leela' and 'Chennai Express' plus also in Most Popular category at the 20th Annual Life Ok Screen Awards.
Talking about the awards night, scheduled for January 14, Mohammed Morani of Cineyug — they have been executing the Big Night year after year — said that noted set and production designer Omung Kumar has chosen a fitting theme for the 20th year celebrations.
"The set's all gold and art deco. Shah Rukh Khan will be the host and this season's golden girl Deepika Padukone will be seen in four avatars," he said, adding that for the first time, a live action performance will be part of an awards night.
Govind Nihalani, Atul Agnihotri, Homi Adajania, Moushumi Chatterji, Sonali Kulkarni and Shreyas Talpade, among others, have been named as the jury members who will select the best talents in over 30 categories for the 20th edition of the award show.
The awards will celebrate the achievement and excellence of Hindi as well as Marathi cinema.