Deepika Padukone turns action star for 'Race 2'
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Actress Deepika Padukone is all set to dabble in out-in-out action for Abbas-Mustan's thriller "Race 2".
To make her character more convincing, this time around the 26-year-old actress has decided to shoot the hi-octane stunts without a double, which includes a thrilling car chase sequence.
"Abbasji-Mustanji (directors) have mastered this genre. I was a bit nervous during the first couple of days since this is the first time I have attempted an action thriller, but they gave me a lot of confidence and made me feel comfortable," said Deepika, who looks sizzling on the poster of the film, in a white gown with a thigh-high slit and
Director Abbas was all praise for the actress and said that she fulfilled the requirement of the character because she is both glamorous and fearless.
"Despite her romantic heroine image, she had no qualms about playing a character that had grey shades. We were keen on casting her as the role required someone really glamorous and sexy and yet look convincing while pulling off stunts. Just like her character; she is equally fearless in real life and looks very convincing on screen.
"She was even comfortable handling guns, which I have not seen in many actors. She will easily be one of the hottest action babes in Bollywood," he added.
"Race 2" which is the sequel to 2008 hit film "Race", also stars Saif Ali Khan, John Abraham, Jacqueline Fernandez, Anil Kapoor and Ameesha Patel.
The film is all set to hit theatres on January 25, 2013.
- â€˜Someone should remind the CM weâ€™re also aam aadmi. But theyâ€™ve turned us intoÂ demonsâ€™
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun