Deepika Padukone's rustic-desi avatar in 'Raam Leela'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Election Commission sends notice to defiant Azam Khan over Kargil remark
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- Lok Sabha polls: Voting picks up in NE states; 40 per cent turnout in Manipur till noon
Deepika Padukone has shed her urban look for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's upcoming film 'Ram Leela' and designer Anju Modi, who has dressed the actress in the movie, says it was a dream come true to work with her.
In the first look of the movie poster, which released today, shows Deepika sporting a lehenga, which weighs 30 kgs and has a 50 metre 'ghera'.
Anju says she went out of her way to bring the intricacies of Kutch to Deepika's wardrobe in "Ram Leela" to meet director Bhansali's standards.
"Sanjay and I were very clear about the look we wanted to give Deepika. So, while the lehengas had to reflect the royal lineage of the Kutch region, they also had to have a very contemporary feel as Ram Leela is not a period drama," Anju said.
The designer is also all praise for the 27-year-old actress, saying, "No one else could have carried it as gracefully as she does. She is slim-waisted, tall and looks gorgeous in this avatar. Dressing her up in this style has been a dream come true."
A story of love in violent times, Eros International and Bhansali Productions' "Ram Leela" also stars Ranveer Singh. It is scheduled to release November 29.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move