Deepika Padukone's rustic-desi avatar in 'Raam Leela'
- BJP hits back at Rahul's '56-inch-chest' remark on Modi, says he is a 'baby in diapers'
- After border tension, India and Pakistan involved in 'visa war'
- After expelling us, 'hypocrite' Kejriwal wants us back: Prashant Bhushan
- In Jammu, PM Narendra Modi disapproves of political untouchability
- Veteran communist leader K R Gouri to return to CPI(M) 21 years after expulsion
Deepika Padukone has shed her urban look for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's upcoming film 'Ram Leela' and designer Anju Modi, who has dressed the actress in the movie, says it was a dream come true to work with her.
In the first look of the movie poster, which released today, shows Deepika sporting a lehenga, which weighs 30 kgs and has a 50 metre 'ghera'.
Anju says she went out of her way to bring the intricacies of Kutch to Deepika's wardrobe in "Ram Leela" to meet director Bhansali's standards.
"Sanjay and I were very clear about the look we wanted to give Deepika. So, while the lehengas had to reflect the royal lineage of the Kutch region, they also had to have a very contemporary feel as Ram Leela is not a period drama," Anju said.
The designer is also all praise for the 27-year-old actress, saying, "No one else could have carried it as gracefully as she does. She is slim-waisted, tall and looks gorgeous in this avatar. Dressing her up in this style has been a dream come true."