Def Ministry, armed forces not to hold new year parties in wake of Delhi gangrape victim's death
- Not RSSâ job to chant âNamo, Namoâ, canât cross limits for BJP: Mohan Bhagwat
- Missing Malaysia Airlines: âFakeâ passports mystery deepens
- Mocking Nitishâs âPM hopesâ, Modi woos Muslims, Yadavs
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
- Dalit teen canât pay to cheat in exam, immolates himself
Against the backdrop of the death of the Delhi gangrape victim, the Defence Ministry and the three armed forces have decided against holding new year parties.
Defence Ministry and the three Services have decided against organising their new year bashes. As usual, Defence Minister A K Antony will have a quiet new year this time, Defence Ministry officials said here.
In view of the gangrape incident, Antony had not even accepted birthday wishes from anyone on December 28.
The Army has issued advisories to all formations that they should not organise new year parties, Army officials said.
Army chief Gen Bikram Singh and his wife Bubbles Singh will visit patients in Army Research and Referral Hospital here and Base Hospital on the first day of the new year and distribute sweets.
The Navy and the Indian Air Force have also told their formations not to organise any bashes this year in view of the demise of the gang-rape victim.
Amid outpouring of anger and grief in the country, the body of the 23-year-old victim was flown here from Singapore early yesterday morning and cremated within hours.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress