Defeated Team India makes a quiet return
India's vanquished cricketers returned home today after a demoralising tour of Australia during which they were whitewashed in the Test series and proved no good in the ODI tri-series that followed.
Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Praveen Kumar and Rahul Sharma arrived here at the Indira Gandhi International airport from Brisbane via Singapore early this morning.
The players landed much later then their scheduled arrival and chose to make quiet exits from the airport without talking to the waiting mediapersons.
The Mumbai-based group of Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Rohit Sharma and Umesh Yadav arrived at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, while spinner Ravichandran Ashwin landed in Chennai yesterday.
Tendulkar, Zaheer, Sharma and Yadav had separated from rest of the squad at Singapore to take a connecting flight to Mumbai.
As soon as Sri Lanka pipped Australia at the post in the last league match of the tri-series in Melbourne on Friday night, the reservation plans were put afoot and the Indian players lost little time in leaving for home.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi