Defeated Team India makes a quiet return
- J&K crisis: Governor asks PDP, BJP to clarify stand on govt formation
- Inexcusable: Delhi Police brutally assault student protesters outside RSS HQs
- Andhra quota stir takes violent turn, train set on fire
- MS Dhoni's 'great speech' to team after whitewash: ‘Don’t slip from here’
- Is Gujarat not part of India? SC questions failure in implementing MNREGA, Food Act
India's vanquished cricketers returned home today after a demoralising tour of Australia during which they were whitewashed in the Test series and proved no good in the ODI tri-series that followed.
Skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni, Virat Kohli, Virender Sehwag, Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Praveen Kumar and Rahul Sharma arrived here at the Indira Gandhi International airport from Brisbane via Singapore early this morning.
The players landed much later then their scheduled arrival and chose to make quiet exits from the airport without talking to the waiting mediapersons.
The Mumbai-based group of Sachin Tendulkar, Zaheer Khan, Rohit Sharma and Umesh Yadav arrived at the Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, while spinner Ravichandran Ashwin landed in Chennai yesterday.
Tendulkar, Zaheer, Sharma and Yadav had separated from rest of the squad at Singapore to take a connecting flight to Mumbai.
- Ten years on, MGNREGA requires constant review. And consistency in political support
- The global economy is in trouble but India is attracting positive comment
- India’s expanding stakes in US demand a more strategic view of their changing politics
- Supreme Court has an opportunity to rectify its ruling on Section 377
- And everyone loves censorship — or so it seemed, at a session at the Jaipur Lit Fest
- The problem in Arunachal is as much about politics as about institutional norms