Defector alleges Adhir hatching murder plot
- Ditched by Anna, Mamata rallies â around herself
- AAPâs existence a miracle of Bhagwan, Allah: Kejriwal at Mumbai road show
- CBI chief for closing Lalu cases, director of prosecution doesnât agree
- Maoist attack: gaps between official version, facts on ground
- Trouble for Khobragade as govt finds daughters have US, Indian passports
Humayun Kabir, who defected to Trinamool Congress from the Congress and was awarded a ministry in the Mamata Banerjee Cabinet less than a fortnight ago, alleged that Minister of State for Railways Adhir Chowdhury was "hatching a conspiracy to kill him".
"I have lodged a complaint at Beldanga police station after I received a threat from some Congress workers. I had also brought the matter to the notice of the chief minister, who increased my security. Adhir Chowdhury is hatching a conspiracy to kill me," Kabir told newspersons at Writers' Buildings today. "Chowdhury is a man who can finish everyone politically if anyone challenges him, Kabir said.
He said because of threat to his life, he was given seven security guards. "There are seven security personnel at my house and two persons guard me. My security has to be increased further. I will speak to the chief minister," he said.
Kabir, who was elected from Reginagar - a strong base of Chowdhury - in the 2011 Assembly election on a Congress ticket, joined Trinamool alleging that the Congress strongman is running a dictatorship in the party and made everyone his slave.