Defence raises questions in Inspector Sucha Singh murder
- 15 security personnel killed as Naxals attack CRPF convoy in Chhattisgarh
- Rahul compares Modi with Hitler, says Gujarat CM behaves arrogantly
- Missing Malaysia airline: Man travelling on stolen passport identified as Iranian
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Arvind Kejriwal accused of influencing TV interview
Defence counsel of the accused Basant and Sarita in Inspector Sucha Singh's murder case while addressing the arguments in the court on Monday raised serious questions on the investigations of the police. Defense counsel while arguing the case said that there are many contradictions in the statements of many prosecution witnesses and in many cases evidence provided by the police does not corroborate and match their statements.
Defence counsel said that while the police has claimed that they arrested Basant on June 9 around 2 am from a hotel in Paharganj in Delhi, the records of the hotel register presented by the police shows that the accused came to hotel on June 8 around 11.30 pm and left the hotel around 12. 30 am on June 9. According to the defence counsel the hotel records produced by the police seemed fake.
Defence counsel of the accused on November 22 requested the District and Sessions Court to summon four witnesses that includes court proceedings of the Additional district and Sessions Judge, Sonepat, records of the officer who issued Arms to Basant Kumar, PCR log entry and record of the appointment, transfer and suspension of the Basant. The defence counsel said, constable Jitender, made several calls to the police control room regarding the incidence but the call details has not been produced before the court, by the prosecution intentionally.
On the run after murdering the husband and mother-in-law of his paramour two days after her marriage, dismissed constable Basant Kumar allegedly murdered inspector Sucha Singh and injured a constable on June 8.
- Eight held for ‘attacking’ Dalit wedding procession in Sabarkantha
- 90 airports on alert to check movement of cash ahead of elections
- Notices to 23 hospitals for withdrawing facility
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- In Mumbai, teacher’s love story with student ends in her arrest
- Govt dismisses AAP allegations
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express