Defending champs knocked out
- India's Nuclear Suppliers Group membership is not about arms: US tells Pakistan
- Now in Meghalaya, Congress braces for Uttarakhand, Arunachal replay
- Scary...need to know someone in govt to do business in India: US Governor Nikki Haley
- New policy proposal: Can fail kids after Class V, let foreign universities in
- PM Modi extends best wishes to Nawaz Sharif for his heart surgery
Defending champions Rizvi and runners-up from last season, Dilip Vengsarkar Foundation, bowed out of the 17th Worli Sports Club U-14 selection trial cricket tournament.
Rizvi were knocked out by PJ Hindu Gymkhana despite a creditable all-round performance from Hasnain Khan, who scored 36 and then returned figures of 3/81. With Hasnain top-scoring, Rizvi could notch up a meager total of 154 in their first innings.
Hindu Gymkhana always looked in control with regards to gaining the lead and Abhishek Shetty's 95 along with Ashok Yadav's 51 took them home comfortably, as they eventually finished with 245 on the board. Akash Chavla's unbeaten 141 and Tanush Kotian's figures of 6/75 derailed Vengsarkar Foundation's hopes of making it through to the final for the second year running, as they were beaten by a handsome margin. While Chavla stole the show, there were also impressive contributions from Sarvesh Surve, who made 75 and Kotian's unbeaten 47 as New Hind piled on a score of 292/2. In reply, all Vengsarkar Foundation could manage was 181 despite Hashir Dafedar's valiant 61.
- Successful inflation targeting calls for more reform. Targeting Rajan is all too easy.
- Three years of Modi govt could be Indian economy's best since '96
- Pakistan will be the test-tube for the next jihad
- Modi government’s biggest achievement is the curbing of corruption
- It’s Akbar’s turn now and the victim, as always, is history
- Muslims and RSS cannot afford to go on hating