Defending champs knocked out
- PM in Paris: 'We must create a balance between economy and ecology'
- PM Modi meets Nawaz Sharif at UN climate summit in Paris
- Congress raises Dadri, Kalburgi killing in Lok Sabha; BJP hits back
- Petrol price cut by 58 paise per litre, diesel 25 paise
- India's economic growth accelerates to 7.4 per cent in July-September
Defending champions Rizvi and runners-up from last season, Dilip Vengsarkar Foundation, bowed out of the 17th Worli Sports Club U-14 selection trial cricket tournament.
Rizvi were knocked out by PJ Hindu Gymkhana despite a creditable all-round performance from Hasnain Khan, who scored 36 and then returned figures of 3/81. With Hasnain top-scoring, Rizvi could notch up a meager total of 154 in their first innings.
Hindu Gymkhana always looked in control with regards to gaining the lead and Abhishek Shetty's 95 along with Ashok Yadav's 51 took them home comfortably, as they eventually finished with 245 on the board. Akash Chavla's unbeaten 141 and Tanush Kotian's figures of 6/75 derailed Vengsarkar Foundation's hopes of making it through to the final for the second year running, as they were beaten by a handsome margin. While Chavla stole the show, there were also impressive contributions from Sarvesh Surve, who made 75 and Kotian's unbeaten 47 as New Hind piled on a score of 292/2. In reply, all Vengsarkar Foundation could manage was 181 despite Hashir Dafedar's valiant 61.
- Under General Sharif, Pakistan army is carrying low-intensity war against diversity of opinion
- Framed at BJP’s Diwali milan: Selfie-Made Journalism
- Raja-Mandala: Modi’s multilateral moment
- The politics of peace
- Ahead of the Paris summit, India has been again targeted as a spoiler
- Shunning coal not viable for India; World needs to come together to make it cleaner