‘Delay in naming CM nominee cost us clear majority’
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Somnath Bharti thrashed by alleged BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR field, Southee makes his IPL debut against CSK
L K Advani Monday said the delay in announcing Harsh Vardhan as CM candidate in Delhi cost the party a clear majority. "Had we announced Harsh Vardhan as CM candidate a bit early, we would have a BJP CM in Delhi," Advani said addressing an event organised by the Overseas Friends of BJP at the party headquarters adding "in fact, AAP would have got absolute majority if we had delayed (announcement) any further". "Not announcing the (CM) candidate at the right time was our weakness," he said. He however claimed a wave in favour of Narendra Modi in the country and expressed confidence that the BJP will emerge single largest party after 2014 elections.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Gandhi continues to target Narendra Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'