‘Delay in naming CM nominee cost us clear majority’
- Govt will not allow any religious group to incite hatred, says PM Modi
- Miraculous escape for Air India plane with 194 on board
- Sahara moves SC for extension of facilities to Roy in jail
- Eight killed in blast outside police complex in Pakistan
- World Cup 2015: Supreme Court asks Prasar Bharti to examine feasibility of a new channel
L K Advani Monday said the delay in announcing Harsh Vardhan as CM candidate in Delhi cost the party a clear majority. "Had we announced Harsh Vardhan as CM candidate a bit early, we would have a BJP CM in Delhi," Advani said addressing an event organised by the Overseas Friends of BJP at the party headquarters adding "in fact, AAP would have got absolute majority if we had delayed (announcement) any further". "Not announcing the (CM) candidate at the right time was our weakness," he said. He however claimed a wave in favour of Narendra Modi in the country and expressed confidence that the BJP will emerge single largest party after 2014 elections.