Delayed release of 'Vishwaroopam' caused Rs 60 cr loss: Kamal Haasan
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
Actor Kamal Haasan today said he suffered losses to the tune of Rs 60 crore due to problems in the release of his magnum opus 'Vishwaroopam'.
"The film (Vishwaroopam) is made on a budget of Rs 95 crore. Due to the delay in the release of film, I have suffered a loss of Rs 30 to 60 crore," the superstar said here.
'Vishwaroopam' run into rough weather with some Muslim groups taking objection to certain scenes in the movie as hurting their religious sentiments.
"This film is really important for me. Maine apna sab daav pe lagaya hai (I have pledged everything for this movie...)", said Haasan who was here for the promotion of his film.
Thanking his fans for support, Haasan said "I have been troubled enough....I am touched...I get carried away when I talk about my fans....I don't know what I have done to deserve this love....If I say I am grateful and overwhelmed than its an understatement."
The 58-year-old actor said he could not understand the entire controversy. "Why this thing happened?...We don't need to be insulted so badly," he added.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully