Delayed release of 'Vishwaroopam' caused Rs 60 cr loss: Kamal Haasan
- BJP rubbishes Geelani's claim, calls separatist leader's 'Modi emissary talk' as 'false and mischievous'
- Modi's jibe at Mulayam: âBalaatkariyon ke liye Netaji ka mann ekdum mulayam haiâ
- Malaysian Airlines MH370: 4 questions about missing plane answered
- After denying a 'Modi wave', Joshi endorses Modi as India's next PM
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi's vision is limited to 'toffees and balloons', says Raman Singh
Actor Kamal Haasan today said he suffered losses to the tune of Rs 60 crore due to problems in the release of his magnum opus 'Vishwaroopam'.
"The film (Vishwaroopam) is made on a budget of Rs 95 crore. Due to the delay in the release of film, I have suffered a loss of Rs 30 to 60 crore," the superstar said here.
'Vishwaroopam' run into rough weather with some Muslim groups taking objection to certain scenes in the movie as hurting their religious sentiments.
"This film is really important for me. Maine apna sab daav pe lagaya hai (I have pledged everything for this movie...)", said Haasan who was here for the promotion of his film.
Thanking his fans for support, Haasan said "I have been troubled enough....I am touched...I get carried away when I talk about my fans....I don't know what I have done to deserve this love....If I say I am grateful and overwhelmed than its an understatement."
The 58-year-old actor said he could not understand the entire controversy. "Why this thing happened?...We don't need to be insulted so badly," he added.