Delayed release of 'Vishwaroopam' caused Rs 60 cr loss: Kamal Haasan
- Oommen Chandy writes to PM Modi over Kerala House raid; canteen drops 'beef curry' from menu
- Amit Mishra released on bail after being held for assaulting woman
- PM Modi taunts Nitish Kumar, likens Grand Alliance to 'Three Idiots'
- Pakistan's Edhi foundation turns down Rs 1 cr donation announced by PM Modi
- Have withdrawn controversial circular on sedition: Maha govt to HC
Actor Kamal Haasan today said he suffered losses to the tune of Rs 60 crore due to problems in the release of his magnum opus 'Vishwaroopam'.
"The film (Vishwaroopam) is made on a budget of Rs 95 crore. Due to the delay in the release of film, I have suffered a loss of Rs 30 to 60 crore," the superstar said here.
'Vishwaroopam' run into rough weather with some Muslim groups taking objection to certain scenes in the movie as hurting their religious sentiments.
"This film is really important for me. Maine apna sab daav pe lagaya hai (I have pledged everything for this movie...)", said Haasan who was here for the promotion of his film.
Thanking his fans for support, Haasan said "I have been troubled enough....I am touched...I get carried away when I talk about my fans....I don't know what I have done to deserve this love....If I say I am grateful and overwhelmed than its an understatement."
The 58-year-old actor said he could not understand the entire controversy. "Why this thing happened?...We don't need to be insulted so badly," he added.
- Towards a modern code
- Pakistan’s nuclear weapons may not deter Indian retaliation, but destruction mutual
- Writers were not blind to ‘love jihad’ or ‘ghar wapsi’, our agitation not manufactured
- In search of the enemy- the minority Shias of Bangladesh
- A vein of discontent is giving rise to armed militancy
- India-Africa summit gives PM opportunity to extend our security engagement