Delayed release of 'Vishwaroopam' caused Rs 60 cr loss: Kamal Haasan
- Union Cabinet recommends President's Rule in Arunachal Pradesh
- Rafale jet deal on right track, says French President Hollande ahead of India visit
- Three girls commit suicide in Tamil Nadu, blaming college, high fees
- Tavleen Singh's column: Could Rohith have been saved?
- Netaji files: Centre rejected probe reports twice, to assert ‘Bose dead’
Actor Kamal Haasan today said he suffered losses to the tune of Rs 60 crore due to problems in the release of his magnum opus 'Vishwaroopam'.
"The film (Vishwaroopam) is made on a budget of Rs 95 crore. Due to the delay in the release of film, I have suffered a loss of Rs 30 to 60 crore," the superstar said here.
'Vishwaroopam' run into rough weather with some Muslim groups taking objection to certain scenes in the movie as hurting their religious sentiments.
"This film is really important for me. Maine apna sab daav pe lagaya hai (I have pledged everything for this movie...)", said Haasan who was here for the promotion of his film.
Thanking his fans for support, Haasan said "I have been troubled enough....I am touched...I get carried away when I talk about my fans....I don't know what I have done to deserve this love....If I say I am grateful and overwhelmed than its an understatement."
The 58-year-old actor said he could not understand the entire controversy. "Why this thing happened?...We don't need to be insulted so badly," he added.