Delegation meets education secy, DPI, seeks promotion of teachers
- Solar scam case: Kerala court orders FIR against CM Oommen Chandy
- Supreme Court recalls order appointing former judge Virendra Singh as UP Lokayukta
- Arunachal Governor cited ‘cow slaughter’ protest as one sign of law & order collapse in state
- BJP leader held for alleged cow slaughter in Madhya Pradesh, gets expelled from party
- Indian-American Muslims flay Government move against AMU, Jamia
The issue of promotion has been hanging in fire for the past three months. As many as 200 such promotions are pending
A delegation of seven teachers headed by Government Teachers' Union (GTU) chief Dr Vinod Sharma met UT Education Secretary V K Singh and Director Public Instructions (DPI) (Schools) Upkar Singh on Tuesday, and sought promotion of teachers to the post of lecturers in schools and regularisation of Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan teachers.
The delegation apprised the authorities that the issue of promotion of lecturers was hanging in fire for the past three months. As many as 200 such promotions are pending.
The issue of fixation of notional pay scale with effect from January 1, 1986 to December 24, 1992, as per the Punjab government notification was also discussed. The GTU demanded implementation of notional pay scale for UT cadre teachers as well.
Sharma informed that both the officers gave them a patient hearing and the DPI fixed a meeting for next week to discuss the issue pertaining to regularisation of SSA teachers.
- Dalit scholar’s death exposed inability of casteist Hindu to be modern
- Annotated edition of Hitler's Mein Kemph
- Why yuan matters Indian equity markets
- R-day and the saccharine sweet patriotism
- It is clear PM’s concept of nationhood extends beyond constitutional parameters
- The sensitive and old controversy about the minority character of AMU