Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A 51-year old Danish National was allegedly gangraped on Tuesday evening in Connaught Place, when she lost her way back to the hotel.
While senior police officials refrained from disclosing details, sources said that the woman who was residing in a hotel in Paharganj, had sought directions from a group of men when the incident occurred near the New Delhi Railway station. The Danish woman alleged that she was taken to a secluded place before being robbed, beaten and gangraped by the men at knife point.
Police was informed about the incident by the manager of the Paharganj hotel were the woman was staying.
A case has been registered at the Paharganj police station and so far 15 people have been detained in connection with the case.
The woman has been taken to the Danish Embassy after she recorded her statment with the police.
According to sources, the victim has refused to undergo a medical examination and has expressed her desire to return home.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express