Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- Boston Marathon bomber Dzokhar Tsarnaev sentenced to death by lethal injection
- India, China face terror threat from source in same region: PM Modi
- Petrol price hiked by Rs 3.13/litre, diesel by Rs 2.71/litre; Cong says it's Modi govt's anniversary 'gift'
- BCCI plans to replace Champions League T20 with a mini-IPL in UAE
- JD(U), RJD tussle over seat-sharing begins; Lalu demands 145, Nitish says take all 243
A 51-year old Danish National was allegedly gangraped on Tuesday evening in Connaught Place, when she lost her way back to the hotel.
While senior police officials refrained from disclosing details, sources said that the woman who was residing in a hotel in Paharganj, had sought directions from a group of men when the incident occurred near the New Delhi Railway station. The Danish woman alleged that she was taken to a secluded place before being robbed, beaten and gangraped by the men at knife point.
Police was informed about the incident by the manager of the Paharganj hotel were the woman was staying.
A case has been registered at the Paharganj police station and so far 15 people have been detained in connection with the case.
The woman has been taken to the Danish Embassy after she recorded her statment with the police.
According to sources, the victim has refused to undergo a medical examination and has expressed her desire to return home.