Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- IPL spot-fixing: Delhi court drops charges against S Sreesanth and two other cricketers
- Nitish Kumar gets back at Modi, accuses him for 'not honouring promises'
- Major decisions on revision of role of women in armed forces on the anvil: Manohar Parrikar
- Congress, TMC and BJD to seek total withdrawal of NDA's land bill
- Never sought travel documents for Lalit Modi, says Sushma Swaraj
A 51-year old Danish National was allegedly gangraped on Tuesday evening in Connaught Place, when she lost her way back to the hotel.
While senior police officials refrained from disclosing details, sources said that the woman who was residing in a hotel in Paharganj, had sought directions from a group of men when the incident occurred near the New Delhi Railway station. The Danish woman alleged that she was taken to a secluded place before being robbed, beaten and gangraped by the men at knife point.
Police was informed about the incident by the manager of the Paharganj hotel were the woman was staying.
A case has been registered at the Paharganj police station and so far 15 people have been detained in connection with the case.
The woman has been taken to the Danish Embassy after she recorded her statment with the police.
According to sources, the victim has refused to undergo a medical examination and has expressed her desire to return home.