Delhi anti-rape protests: PM makes fresh appeal for peace; BJP lashes out at 'inaction'
- Govt will not allow any religious group to incite hatred, says PM Modi
- Miraculous escape for Air India plane with 194 on board
- Sahara moves SC for extension of facilities to Roy in jail
- Eight killed in blast outside police complex in Pakistan
- World Cup 2015: Supreme Court asks Prasar Bharti to examine feasibility of a new channel
BJP leader Sushma Swaraj had earlier on Saturday urged the Prime Minister to convene a Special Session of Parliament for amending the existing law to provide death sentence for heinous crimes against women.
"I have just spoken to Prime Minister. I requested Prime Minister for a special session of Parliament to frame a law to provide for exemplary punishment for crimes against women," she tweeted.
The condition of the 23-year-old girl, who is presently being treated at the Safdarjung Hospital here, continues to be critical.