Delhi anti-rape protests: PM makes fresh appeal for peace; BJP lashes out at 'inaction'
- No permission for Gujarat roadshow: Arvind Kejriwal released after brief detention
- RJD, Congress agree on seat-sharing deal for Bihar
- Supreme Court takes suo motu cognisance of ink attack on Subrata Roy
- Rahul slams BJP, says party wants to vest power in one person
- Sheila Dikshit appointed Kerala Governor; Congress-RJD pact likely today
BJP leader Sushma Swaraj had earlier on Saturday urged the Prime Minister to convene a Special Session of Parliament for amending the existing law to provide death sentence for heinous crimes against women.
"I have just spoken to Prime Minister. I requested Prime Minister for a special session of Parliament to frame a law to provide for exemplary punishment for crimes against women," she tweeted.
The condition of the 23-year-old girl, who is presently being treated at the Safdarjung Hospital here, continues to be critical.