Delhi anti-rape protests: PM makes fresh appeal for peace; BJP lashes out at 'inaction'
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
BJP leader Sushma Swaraj had earlier on Saturday urged the Prime Minister to convene a Special Session of Parliament for amending the existing law to provide death sentence for heinous crimes against women.
"I have just spoken to Prime Minister. I requested Prime Minister for a special session of Parliament to frame a law to provide for exemplary punishment for crimes against women," she tweeted.
The condition of the 23-year-old girl, who is presently being treated at the Safdarjung Hospital here, continues to be critical.