Delhi Assembly elections: Key facts
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Third FIR against Giriraj Singh; Muslims should not be afraid of BJP, says Joshi
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL spot fixing: Do you want to probe charges against Srinivasan? SC asks Justice Mudgal panel
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: Can SRH bowlers put brakes on KXIP batsmen?
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit is seeking a fourth term in office but Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party may turn out to be a spoiler for both Congress and BJP. The saffron party has fielded Dr Harsh Vardhan as its CM candidate. As Delhi votes today, here are the key facts.
# A total of 1.19 crore voters are eligible to exercise their franchise.
# 66.11 lakh are men voters and 53.20 lakh are women.
# The number of first time voters is 4.05 lakh.
#810 candidates are in the fray in the three-cornered contest between Congress, BJP and AAP.
#While BJP has fielded candidates in 66 constituencies Congress and AAP are contesting from all 70 seats.
#BSP, which was the third largest party in last Assembly election, has fielded candidates in 69 seats, NCP in nine and Samajwadi Party in 27 seats.
#A total of 224 independents are also in the fray.
#There are 11,753 polling booths out of which 630 have been identified as critical and hyper critical. (With PTI inputs)
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready