Delhi Assembly elections: Key facts
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit is seeking a fourth term in office but Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party may turn out to be a spoiler for both Congress and BJP. The saffron party has fielded Dr Harsh Vardhan as its CM candidate. As Delhi votes today, here are the key facts.
# A total of 1.19 crore voters are eligible to exercise their franchise.
# 66.11 lakh are men voters and 53.20 lakh are women.
# The number of first time voters is 4.05 lakh.
#810 candidates are in the fray in the three-cornered contest between Congress, BJP and AAP.
#While BJP has fielded candidates in 66 constituencies Congress and AAP are contesting from all 70 seats.
#BSP, which was the third largest party in last Assembly election, has fielded candidates in 69 seats, NCP in nine and Samajwadi Party in 27 seats.
#A total of 224 independents are also in the fray.
#There are 11,753 polling booths out of which 630 have been identified as critical and hyper critical. (With PTI inputs)