Delhi Assembly polls: Sheila Dikshit, Harsh Vardhan file nominations
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Bangalore fund-raiser: Dine with Kejriwal for Rs 20,000
- Malaysia asks India to join search for missing plane
- Khobragadeâs help, husband cite âdifferencesâ, file for divorce
- President not for executing Bhullar, MHA disagrees
A total of 268 candidates, including Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit and BJP nominee for the top post Harsh Vardhan, filed their nominations on Thursday for Delhi Assembly polls scheduled for December 4.
Dikshit filed her nomination papers from New Delhi assembly constituency and exuded confidence that Congress will retain power for a record fourth term.
Contesting against Dikshit, former Delhi BJP chief Vijender Gupta also filed his nomination from the New Delhi constituency.
Vardhan filed his nomination papers for Krishna Nagar constituency. Speaking to reporters, Vardhan said the contest will be between BJP and Congress and claimed AAP was not a serious player in the election battle.
Senior Delhi Congress leader and Health Minister A K Walia also filed his nomination at DC's office in Geeta Colony.
Senior Delhi Congress leader and Speaker of Delhi legislative Assembly Yoganand Shastri filed his nomination from Mehrauli constituency.
The office of the Delhi Chief Electoral Officer said 268 candidates belonging to over two dozen parties, like AAP, Congress, BJP, BSP, and CPI, JD (U) along with independents, filed nominations today in nine electoral districts of Delhi.
Three candidates who had filed nomination yesterday once again filed their papers today.
EC received 431 applications from the 268 candidates today as a few of them from BJP, BSP, Congress, AAP as well as independents and other parties filed multiple nominations.
As many as 403 persons have so far filed nominations for the assembly polls after the process for the same opened on November 9. On the occasion of Muhharam on Friday, filing of nomination will not take place tomorrow. November 16 is the last date for filing nominations.
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express