'Delhi Belly' to be remade in Tamil
- The gongs of Behmai: 35 years on, will justice be served?
- Mann Ki Baat: Start-up India to crop insurance, here's all that Modi said
- J-K crisis: Mehbooba to chair PDP meet, discuss govt formation
- MCD strike: Kejriwal supports demands of protesting employees
- Fifth Column: Hope PM Modi has realised that India is not Gujarat
Hit adult comedy 'Delhi Belly' will be remade in Tamil with popular south actor Arya.
In original, the Aamir Khan home production was directed by debutant Abhinay Deo in English and dubbed in Hindi. The Tamil version will be helmed by South director R Kannan.
"'Delhi Belly will work well with Tamil audiences and we are thrilled with the exceptional screenplay that the team of young writers has developed," UTV Motion Pictures, CEO, Siddharth Roy Kapur said in a statement.
In the untitled Tamil version, Arya will play Imran Khan's role while Santhanam will reprise Kunaal Roy Kapur's character and popular actor Premgi will essay Vir Das's role. Hansika Motwani and Anjali have been roped in to play the airhostess and journalist respectively.
"We have brought on actors who are youthful and popular, along with a very skilled director at the helm. We are confident that the great content of 'Delhi Belly' will act as a bridge for cinema loving audiences across languages," Kapur said.
The Hindi film was co-produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Aamir Khan Productions. The yet to be titled Tamil version will be produced by UTV Motion Pictures and is slated for a Pongal release in January 2013.
- China is not India’s sibling, nor is China India’s nemesis
- Bureaucrats are an obstacle in path of ‘parivartan’, ‘vikas’
- Out of my mind: Netaji will always remain a promise never fulfilled
- Reverse Swing: A Manifesto for Middle-Eastern Migrants in Europe
- Equality before law must be accompanied by equality in social practices
- Indian policymakers underestimate problems emanating from emerging economies