'Delhi Belly' to be remade in Tamil
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Hit adult comedy 'Delhi Belly' will be remade in Tamil with popular south actor Arya.
In original, the Aamir Khan home production was directed by debutant Abhinay Deo in English and dubbed in Hindi. The Tamil version will be helmed by South director R Kannan.
"'Delhi Belly will work well with Tamil audiences and we are thrilled with the exceptional screenplay that the team of young writers has developed," UTV Motion Pictures, CEO, Siddharth Roy Kapur said in a statement.
In the untitled Tamil version, Arya will play Imran Khan's role while Santhanam will reprise Kunaal Roy Kapur's character and popular actor Premgi will essay Vir Das's role. Hansika Motwani and Anjali have been roped in to play the airhostess and journalist respectively.
"We have brought on actors who are youthful and popular, along with a very skilled director at the helm. We are confident that the great content of 'Delhi Belly' will act as a bridge for cinema loving audiences across languages," Kapur said.
The Hindi film was co-produced by UTV Motion Pictures and Aamir Khan Productions. The yet to be titled Tamil version will be produced by UTV Motion Pictures and is slated for a Pongal release in January 2013.