Delhi blast verdict: Valley shuts down
- Mann Ki Baat: Every life lost in Kashmir is a loss to our nation, says PM Narendra Modi
- Our collective mistakes, mishandling, have pushed Kashmir youth to violence: Omar Abdullah
- Kashmir violence: 'Alternative' to pellets already in use, says CRPF affidavit
- ISRO successfully test launches scramjet engine from Sriharikota
- Sri Lanka: Still Counting the Wounds
Kashmir shut down Friday in protest against the death penalty awarded to two Kashmiris in the Lajpat Nagar blast case.
Protestors pelted police and CRPF men with stones at various places across the valley. Locals alleged one Manzoor Ahmad was wounded when CRPF fired upon protestors in downtown Srinagar. CRPF, however, denied the allegation. The day-long strike was called by both factions of Hurriyat Conference and supported by other separatists.
- Public policy today, demands a bureaucracy less generalist
- Ironically, freedom of speech was first restricted to curb anti-Pakistan views
- Scorpene data leak underlines hazards of India’s dependence for military hardware
- Government has the opportunity to rein in food inflation on a sustainable basis
- PM Dahal must address coalition concerns, balance relations with India, China
- Dalits are angry about the hollowness of the current hyper-nationalism