Delhi bus gangrape effect: Patrolling up, check posts installed near all schools
- Kumar Vishwas claims threat to life, to file FIR against Rahul and Priyanka
- Vote for Supriya Sule or lose water, âthreatensâ Ajit Pawar
- Watch video: Baba Ramdev caught on camera discussing money with BJP candidate
- Nobel laureate Gabriel Garcia Marquez dies at 87
- 2 States movie review: Alia Bhatt is a surprise
UT SSP Naunihal Singh called all police personnel who were on patrolling duty in the wee hours. The briefing began at 11 pm.
The patrolling vehicles had been sent out in wake of the latest incident of gangrape in a moving bus in Delhi. The UT police on Wednesday started a drive to check over speeding and to apprehend notorious elements in the city. Nakas were put up and the police officials were patrolling in the entire city to keep a check around schools and colleges.
All the Station House Officers (SHOs) of the police stations and traffic police were on Wednesday apprised of the drive in a meeting in the morning. The nakas were put up near all the schools by the respective police stations and police posts from 12 noon to 3 pm.
Police officials challaned 215 boys who were wandering around the schools and colleges. Also, patrolling of all major roads in the city which are a route for women working in night shifts was done during the night in addition to the nakas at night .
- As EC website crashes due to overload, party workers use apps to locate voters
- An entire society in Kothrud could not vote
- Chaos, anger across city over missing names
- Mulayam pushes third front, says will stake claim to PM post
- Don’t look at my candidates, votes for me: Maya to Dalits
- AAP biggies focus on Vishwas, Kejri seats, other units suffer