Delhi cabinet offers Rs 15 lakh relief to kin, UP Rs 20 lakh
- Kashmir floods LIVE: Many feared dead as houses collapse in Budgam district
- ‘Mukhyamantri ka saala’ is a story of growth in Chhattisgarh
- AAP removes Ramdas as Lokpal, Bhushan from disciplinary panel
- Ahmed Patel, seen and heard like never before
- Retd Lt Gen says will write to Chief about Army role in Hashimpura
After observing a two-minute silence in memory of the 23-year-old gangrape victim, the Delhi cabinet on Monday announced a compensation of Rs 15 lakh for her family and offered a government job to any one family member. The meeting was chaired by Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit. In Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav announced financial relief of Rs 20 lakh from his discretionary fund for the family of the gangrape victim who died on Saturday. The Chief Minister said the victim was a "daughter of UP". Earlier, when the woman was undergoing treatment, Yadav had announced a financial relief of Rs 5 lakh.