Delhi CBI takes over Shehla Masood murder probe
- China says no to Arunachal youth in India delegation, minister says letâs call off trip
- Lok Sabha polls: Tamizh Talkies
- Point of no return: Death of former militant's wife brings to fore administrative delays
- BJP nominee to Narendra Modi critics: You will soon be in Pakistan, not India
- Elections LIVE 2014: Rahul could not manage Amethi, how will he manage the nation, asks Modi
A Delhi CBI team has arrived in Bhopal to take over the investigations into the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood.
The team comprising Joint Director Keshav and DIG Arun Bosra arrived yesterday to take charge of the probe into the killing of the RTI activist who was shot dead by an unidentified person in front of her residence in the posh Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16.
The team members interacted with their counterparts in Bhopal unit and reviewed the investigations done so far.
The Bhopal unit of the CBI had been looking into Shehla's murder since the first week of September and even announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh for anyone giving information leading to the arrest of the assailant(s). The probe is being handed over to Delhi CBI since the Bhopal unit has failed to make any headway into the matter.