Delhi CBI takes over Shehla Masood murder probe
- Maharashtra: Building collapses in Thane district, several feared trapped
- Nation pays tribute to Abdul Kalam, funeral in Rameswaram on July 30
- SC bench differs on Yakub's execution, refers plea to larger bench
- 'Your indebted student': Kalam's advisor pays tribute to former President on Facebook
- Gurdaspur attack: GPS shows terror team, got drug cartel help too
A Delhi CBI team has arrived in Bhopal to take over the investigations into the murder of RTI activist Shehla Masood.
The team comprising Joint Director Keshav and DIG Arun Bosra arrived yesterday to take charge of the probe into the killing of the RTI activist who was shot dead by an unidentified person in front of her residence in the posh Koh-e-Fiza locality on August 16.
The team members interacted with their counterparts in Bhopal unit and reviewed the investigations done so far.
The Bhopal unit of the CBI had been looking into Shehla's murder since the first week of September and even announced a reward of Rs 5 lakh for anyone giving information leading to the arrest of the assailant(s). The probe is being handed over to Delhi CBI since the Bhopal unit has failed to make any headway into the matter.