Delhi election results: Giant killer Arvind Kejriwal beats Sheila Dikshit, Harsh Vardhan wins
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Aam Aadmi Party leader Arvind Kejriwal on Sunday defeated three-time chief minister Sheila Dikhshit in New Delhi constituency.
"This is not my victory. It is a victory of people of New Delhi constituency and victory of democracy," said Kejriwal after defeating Dikshit.
The debutant Aam Aadmi Party which made a strong entry by winning 26 seats and was ahead in 01, is giving jitters to BJP which has won 32 seats and is ahead on 01 seat.
BJP's CM candidate Harsh Vardhan was also victorious from Krishna Nagar constituency.
Kejriwal's AAP registered victory on 18 seats including one from Hari Nagar constituency.
Three-times chief minister Sheila Dikshit is trailing behind Arvind Kejriwal (AAP) by around 5000 votes in the New Delhi constituency. After round three, Arvind Kejriwal had 8230 votes compared to Sheila Dikshit's 3720 votes.
BJP's Chief Ministerial candidate Harsh Vardhan was leading in his Krishna Nagar constituency by 5,000 votes.
Vardhan, whose party appears heading to form the next government by leading in 34 seats, said his priority would be to set up a task force within a fortnight of government formation to address issues of urgent importance and strengthen security of women.
AAP candidate Shazia Ilmi was trailing at the end of round 7 by 37 votes in RK Puram constituency. She had been in the lead for a few rounds.
Delhi Minister of Social Welfare, Kiran Walia, who contested from Malviya Nagar constituency, is trailing by 3000 votes.
BJP was leading in Hari Nagar, Krishna Nagar and Babarpur constituencies, AAP on the other hand was leading in first round in Kasturba Nagar constituency while Congress was ahead in Gandhi Nagar constituency.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express