- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kiran bedi supports Narendra Modi's PM candidature
- Would prefer to go to Pakistan than stop criticising Narendra Modi: Omar Abdullah
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: SRH field first, Pathan comes in for Ishant
Name: Rajeev (36), Hema (34), Savi (6) and Rahul (4)
Resides in Gurgaon, Haryana
Net annual income
(Rs 15.24 lakh)
A comprehensive financial plan securing all goals ó kid's education, daughter's marriage, retirement, international vacation, investment and insurance planning.
Net monthly surplus
Fixed Deposits : R 2,50,000
Recurring Deposits : R 1,60,000
PPF : R 2,65,000
EPF : R 3,60,000
Equity Mutual Funds : R 3,00,000
Gold : R 5,00,000
Plot at Hometown : R 8,00,000
Insurance (Surrender Value): R 1,80,000
Emergency fund: Adequate emergency fund in the form of recurring deposits.
Life insurance: Total life coverage of R 13 lakh with annual premium of R 50,000 towards four traditional policies and ULIPs
Health Insurance: Company provided family floater of R 5 lakh.
Investments: Exposure to debt, mutual funds and real estate, but no direct stock investments.
Emergency Fund: Amount in recurring deposits can meet up to 3 months of expenses.
Express TIP: Salaried people should maintain at least 3 months of emergency expenses as a measure of last resort to face temporary uncertainties in life.
Life Insurance: Rajeev needs life cover of R 1 crore. A term plan for 25 years will cost him approximately R 15,000 per year. He should take one and discontinue the existing policies. It will result in additional cash flow of R 35,000 per year which can be channelised towards his financial goals.
Health Insurance: Rajeev should take a family floater of at least R 10 lakh which will cost him approximately R 20,000 annually.
Express tip: Despite having employer-provided health insurance benefit, one should have a personal comprehensive family health cover.
Accident Insurance: A personal accident policy of R 50 lakh is recommended for Rajeev costing approximately R 6,000 annually.
Express tip: Disability is a neglected area of financial life. It's important to have disability protection along with life and health insurance as permanent /partial disability can jeopardise your regular future income.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready