Delhi gang rape indicative of collapse of governance: V K Singh
- Yakub Memon's mercy plea rejected, Sena calls it a message to terrorists
- Ready to discuss Sushma in Parliament, but not Raje, Chouhan: Arun Jaitley
- RS deadlock: Govt ready for debate, Oppn says get your ministers to resign first
- SC rejects Centre's review against scrapping quota for Jats
- Curfew in Jamshedpur after clashes over alleged eve teasing, at least 100 arrested
"The police and security agencies must be allowed to do their job, just as moral standards of behaviour must be set by the governing class. Every policy decision that is taken with narrow political compulsions erodes into our system and has ramifications on both our internal and external security.
"Today the message in our country is clear - the only thing that matters is money! How you make it is irrelevant. If you have it, you're safe, otherwise you are damned," he said.