Delhi gangrape: 10 Metro stations closed down in city
- Manmohan Singh a 'person of integrity, probity', says Sonia
- Now, a sting in Kejriwal’s tale: Colleague taped him saying let’s break Cong
- Dimapur mob lynching: Police say it's rape, Naga govt says could be consensual sex
- Aamir Khan: I apologise if 'PK' has hurt sentiments
- The AAP exchange, letter for letter
Ten Metro stations in Central Delhi were closed down today for an indefinite period as a precautionary measure by Delhi Police to prevent agitators from reaching India Gate to protest the death of the gang-rape victim.
All the stations which were locked down are close to India Gate and Raisina Hills, the epicentre of the protests against the brutal assault of a girl last week.
The stations which will remain out of bounds for people are Pragati Maidan, Mandi House, Barakhamba Road, Rajiv Chowk, Patel Chowk, Central Secretariat, Udyog Bhawan, Race Course, Jor Bagh and Khan Market.
However, inter-change facility will be available at Rajiv Chowk and Central Secretariat stations, DMRC officials said. The decision to close down the Metro stations was taken by the Delhi Police which is making all out efforts to prevent
protesters from reaching India Gate. They have already blocked the entire India Gate area.
Police had last week also closed down Metro stations to prevent protesters from reaching the protest sites.