Delhi gangrape: Bus owner arrested for registering vehicles on false papers
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Kejriwal attacks 'helicopter politics' of Modi and Gandhis; Priyanka says others misguiding voters
- SC sets up panel to frame guidelines for government ads ahead of polls
- Mulayam Yadav calls Narendra Modi a liar, says he changes 500 kurtas a day
- 12-yr-olds also voted in this Bihar village
- Shazia says Muslims should become 'communal' when they vote
The owner of the bus in which the 23-year-old girl was gangraped and brutally assaulted was arrested here today for allegedly submitting false documents for registration of his vehicles, police said.
Dinesh Yadav, the owner, has been placed under arrest, a senior police official said.
Yadav, 35, was picked up from his residence in Rasoolpur Nawada village near Noida Sector 62 this morning. He was placed under arrest this evening, they said.
Investigators had yesterday registered a case of cheating against the owner of the bus in which the girl was gangraped by his employees and their friends a fortnight ago.
The arrest came as Delhi Police prepares to file the charge sheet in the gangrape case tomorrow.
Yadav allegedly gave a false affidavit about his residential address to get the bus registered with the Transport Authority.
Police had registered the case under Sections 420 (cheating) and 181 (false statement on oath to public servant)of IPC against Yadav after the anomaly came to light during investigations.
Yadav is accused of submitting false information with the State Transport Department to get the registration certificate and the permit for the bus.
During investigations into the gangrape-cum-murder case, police verified the address of the owner of the bus.
It came to light that 11 buses were registered in the name of Yadav at the address H.No.11/11, Gali No. 12, Kamal Pur, Burari, Delhi.
"The bus, in which the gangrape took place, was registered by providing false information at the time of registration. The owner gave as address proof the passbook of Bank Of Baroda and the driving license at the time of registration.
"However, as per landlord Anant Gopal, Yadav never resided at the given address. Yadav had filed a false affidavit claiming that he is a resident of the said address," an official said.
- Missing plane MH370: Australia plans to use system that found Titanic
- Nandurbar helps me win in Gujarat, it will now help me win India: Narendra Modi
- Run Away Style
- Stakes high for AIADMK, DMK as TN goes to polls
- Six Bengal constituencies go to poll tomorrow in second phase
- Whistleblower alleged kickbacks, favours in ‘thin client’ procurement; NDA never completed inquiry