Delhi gangrape case: Sonia Gandhi, PM say guilty will not be spared
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Rahul Gandhi was not present during programme. Shinde was seen talking to Dikshit for long during the ceremony.
The gangrape issue was earlier raised prominently at the Congress Core Group meeting chaired by Gandhi and attended by the Prime Minister on Tuesday during which the Congress President is learnt to have said that there is a need for police to address the issue with greater sensitivity.
During the meeting, the Home Minister had given a detailed briefing of the steps being taken by the government to enhance security in the city after the incident as well as the action taken so far in the gangrape case.
The 23-year-old gang-rape victim, battling for life at Safdarjung Hosptial where she was admitted on December 16, was shifted to the super specialty Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore on December
The victim was gangraped and brutally assaulted in a moving bus and thrown out in south Delhi.