Delhi gangrape: Condition of victim remains critical, cops arrest 4
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
The condition of the 23-year-old paramedical student, who was allegedly gangraped by a group of men in a moving bus, is "better than yesterday" but she is still "not out of danger", doctors attending on her said today.
The girl, who was admitted to the Safdarjung Hospital on Sunday after she was brutally assaulted and raped, continues to be in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital.
"Her condition is better than yesterday. Her conscious level is much better than yesterday's. She underwent a surgery on Sunday," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of the hospital, said.
He said that the victim will be kept under "close observation" by doctors for the next 48 to 72 hours as the nature of injuries inflicted on her are as such.
Athani said doctors are reviewing her case periodically so that she gets best of the treatment. He said the girl's conscious level is much better than yesterday's and that she is under continuous treatment.
"We still cannot call her out of danger because of the nature of injuries," he said.
Doctors said the paramedical student has suffered severe injuries on her head and face as she was brutally attacked using an iron rod.
Meanwhile, Delhi police have arrested two more persons in connection with the gangrape.
With the two arrests, the total number of persons arrested in this case has climbed to four. Two persons were arrested on Sunday.
Last night, Ram Singh, the driver of the bus in which the girl was raped, and his brother Yogesh were arrested. Singh and Yogesh are the first to be arrested, police said and added that Yogesh was driving the bus when Singh allegedly raped the girl along with others.
The incident triggered outrage with students of Jawaharlal Nehru University staging a demonstration outside Vasant Kunj Police Station.
- Kejriwal-Centre showdown likely as AAP set to table Janlokpal Bill despite Law Ministryâ€™sÂ view
- Arvind Kejriwal may resign today over Jan Lokpal Bill, Cong and BJP unite in opposition
- Arvind Kejriwal and Narendra Modi: Twitter profile | The Indian Express
- â€˜I asked my wife to stop joking when she said Rs 3.75Â croreâ€™