Delhi gangrape: Condition of victim remains critical, cops arrest 4
- Mulayam Singh Yadav questions death penalty for rape, says 'boys make mistakes'
- Narendra Modi slams Mamata Banerjee, says she is playing vote bank politics
- #WhyiVoted: Let's hear it from India
- Jet flight out of contact for 30 mins, causes panic, 2 pilots grounded
- Elections 2014 Live: EC to take stern action over attack on poll officials by TMC men
The girl, who was admitted to the Safdarjung Hospital on Sunday after she was brutally assaulted and raped, continues to be in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the hospital.
"Her condition is better than yesterday. Her conscious level is much better than yesterday's. She underwent a surgery on Sunday," Dr B D Athani, Medical Superintendent of the hospital, said.
He said that the victim will be kept under "close observation" by doctors for the next 48 to 72 hours as the nature of injuries inflicted on her are as such.
Athani said doctors are reviewing her case periodically so that she gets best of the treatment. He said the girl's conscious level is much better than yesterday's and that she is under continuous treatment.
"We still cannot call her out of danger because of the nature of injuries," he said.
Doctors said the paramedical student has suffered severe injuries on her head and face as she was brutally attacked using an iron rod.
Meanwhile, Delhi police have arrested two more persons in connection with the gangrape.
With the two arrests, the total number of persons arrested in this case has climbed to four. Two persons were arrested on Sunday.
Last night, Ram Singh, the driver of the bus in which the girl was raped, and his brother Yogesh were arrested. Singh and Yogesh are the first to be arrested, police said and added that Yogesh was driving the bus when Singh allegedly raped the girl along with others.
The incident triggered outrage with students of Jawaharlal Nehru University staging a demonstration outside Vasant Kunj Police Station.
- Neemu Bhoumik seeks LS entry; people’s issues, Raiganj roots in mind
- Another Bittu, Simerjit file papers as Independents
- Firing at district food and civil supplies office, one injured
- Day after stand-off with EC, Didi vows ‘revenge’ over ‘insult’ by Delhi
- ‘Hate’ speech: Amit Shah moves HC for stay on arrest, quashing of FIRs
- Adarsh Shastri ‘covers’ for AAP’s Jaaferi