Delhi gangrape: Court takes cognisance of chargesheet, summons all accused on Jan 7
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
The case of gangrape-cum-murder of a Delhi girl moved one step ahead today with a court here taking cognisance of the charge sheet after the prosecution said according to the DNA report the blood of the victim tallied with the stains on the clothes of all the accused.
Metropolitan Magistrate Namrita Aggarwal took cognisance of the chargesheet saying a case of various offences, including those of murder and gangrape are made out against the accused and issued warrants for production of the accused on Monday.
"I have perused the charge sheet and other documents. Prima facie offence under sections, 302 (murder), 307 attempt to murder), 376 (2)(g) (gangrape), 377 (unnatural offences), 395 (dacoity), 396 (murder in dacoity), 394 (hurting in dacoity), 201 (destruction of evidence), 120-B (conspiracy), 34 (common intention) and 412 (dishonestly receiving stolen property) of the IPC is made out against all the accused," the metropolitan magistrate said.
"I take cognisance of the charge sheet and issue summons/ production warrants to all the five accused (Ram Singh, Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Thakur) for January 7," she said after hearing the submissions of Additional Public prosecutor Rajiv Mohan.
Delhi Police on January three had filed the chargesheet in the case in which the 23-year-old girl was gangraped and brutally assaulted on a moving bus in south Delhi on December 16. The girl died in a Singapore hospital on December 29.
After filing the e-challan, the prosecutor told the court that the statement of complainant (the victim's male friend) and the victim herself revealed commission of offences under all the sections mentioned in the charge sheet.
"We are at the stage of taking cognisance and only prima facie commission of offences is required to be proved," he said adding the statement of the girl would be considered as dying declaration in the case.
- Teacher at school in Rohini accused of molesting eight-year-old girl: Police
- In Sushma seat, BJP tweaks Modi slogan
- In Rampur, Azam Khan charm wanes
- In Sambhal, what matters more than Modi is a railway link
- Cong, BJP don’t favour polls, to wait for LS results
- Purandeswari to contest from Rajampet on a BJP ticket