Delhi gangrape: PM, Sonia present as the body of the victim arrives at Delhi airport
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
At around 4:10 am the body of the victim was escorted out of the Delhi airport with more than 20 police vehicles. More than 10 DTC buses filled with riot control team were spotted trailing the Medanta ambulance in which the victims body was being taken.
The flight landed at around 3:25 am in the morning. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh along with Congress President Sonia Gandhi received the body of the deceased on its arrival from Singapore.
Family members of the deceased were inside the ambulance. Traffic police officials were on duty on the entire route between the airport and Uttam Nagar.