Delhi gangrape: PM, Sonia present as the body of the victim arrives at Delhi airport
- Indrani 'admits' to her role in Sheena's murder; Peter Mukerjea grilled again
- OROP row: Govt constantly shifting goalpost, say ex-servicemen
- SP quits Grand Alliance: More psychological dents than physical
- Kalburgi murder: Former Rama Sene chief detained in Mangaluru
- Non-state actors unleashing violence on innocent people: PM Modi
At around 4:10 am the body of the victim was escorted out of the Delhi airport with more than 20 police vehicles. More than 10 DTC buses filled with riot control team were spotted trailing the Medanta ambulance in which the victims body was being taken.
The flight landed at around 3:25 am in the morning. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh along with Congress President Sonia Gandhi received the body of the deceased on its arrival from Singapore.