Delhi gangrape: PM, Sonia present as the body of the victim arrives at Delhi airport
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
At around 4:10 am the body of the victim was escorted out of the Delhi airport with more than 20 police vehicles. More than 10 DTC buses filled with riot control team were spotted trailing the Medanta ambulance in which the victims body was being taken.
The flight landed at around 3:25 am in the morning. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh along with Congress President Sonia Gandhi received the body of the deceased on its arrival from Singapore.
Family members of the deceased were inside the ambulance. Traffic police officials were on duty on the entire route between the airport and Uttam Nagar.