Delhi gangrape: PM, Sonia present as the body of the victim arrives at Delhi airport
- The waterway: What it takes to run India’s longest water train
- Ecuador: 7.8 magnitude earthquake strikes coast; at least 77 dead
- Nitish Kumar makes his first move: All parties must unite if BJP has to be defeated
- Gadkari’s wake-up call to Maharashtra: it’s time you spent more on irrigation
- Actions contrary to law, explain: probe panel to Hooda on Gurgaon land deals
At around 4:10 am the body of the victim was escorted out of the Delhi airport with more than 20 police vehicles. More than 10 DTC buses filled with riot control team were spotted trailing the Medanta ambulance in which the victims body was being taken.
The flight landed at around 3:25 am in the morning. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh along with Congress President Sonia Gandhi received the body of the deceased on its arrival from Singapore.
- India has not matched Ambedkar’s poignant urgency for swift action against social apartheid
- Fate of millions of Syrian refugees depends on whether ceasefire can lead to a peace process
- India’s first rankings of higher education institutions need improvement
- Are we at the brink of a technological revolution in the field of medical research and practice?
- People of the Kashmir valley are struggling to decide their identity
- Ambedkar would be deeply ashamed of the way India has turned out