Delhi gangrape: Police clamp prohibitory orders in New Delhi
- Disquiet in BJP as M M Joshi, Sushma raise questions
- Nandan Nilekani, Mohammad Kaif in Congressâs first list for 194 seats
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Naidu
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- Kejriwal joins list of VIPs with âZâ category security
Clamping down prohibitory orders in New Delhi district, Police today asked youths protesting against the gang-rape of a young girl to stage demonstrations either at Jantar Mantar or Ramlila Maidan.
"Protestors may go to Ramlila Maidan or Jantar Mantar. Traffic has been diverted from Vijay Chowk and Rajpath," a Delhi Police statement said.
It said prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC have been issued in New Delhi area except Jantar Mantar.
The police move came a day after thousands of youth clashed with police at Raisina Hill protesting against the gang-rape and demanding speedy punishment to the criminals
- Priest Murder Case: Two more priests take narco test
- Nilekani gets Cong nod for B’lore South
- Independents, smaller parties throng Ralegan Siddhi for Hazare’s support
- 12 MPs retained as BJP announces first state list
- Modi’s Chai pe Charcha part II a women’s day out
- Thank God I am not killed in encounter, says Kejriwal