Delhi gangrape: Police clamp prohibitory orders in New Delhi
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Clamping down prohibitory orders in New Delhi district, Police today asked youths protesting against the gang-rape of a young girl to stage demonstrations either at Jantar Mantar or Ramlila Maidan.
"Protestors may go to Ramlila Maidan or Jantar Mantar. Traffic has been diverted from Vijay Chowk and Rajpath," a Delhi Police statement said.
It said prohibitory orders under section 144 of CrPC have been issued in New Delhi area except Jantar Mantar.
The police move came a day after thousands of youth clashed with police at Raisina Hill protesting against the gang-rape and demanding speedy punishment to the criminals