Delhi gangrape remarks: Case filed against Asaram Bapu
- Arvind Kejriwal calls 'emergency' Assembly session to discuss Centre's notification on Lt Governor's role
- Celebrations in AIADMK camp as Jayalalithaa becomes Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- No full statehood rights to Delhi unless there is consensus, says Arun Jaitley
- Gujjar protest to continue as talks with Rajasthan govt fail
- Heat wave toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana reaches 223
A case was filed in a local court here against spiritual leader Asaram Bapu for his remarks in connection with the Delhi gangrape case and the court has taken cognisance of it.
The complaint case against the spiritual leader was filed by advocate Sudhir Kumar Ojha in the court of Chief Judicial Magistrate(CJM) S P Singh, under various sections of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).
The petitioner charged Asaram Bapu with allegedly insulting women in general and causing hurt to the sentiments of the people by making controversial remarks during his sermon in Rajasthan's Tonk district last week in which he had blamed the Delhi gangrape victim for the incident as much as the rapists.
Ojha prayed for stringent punishment to the spiritual leader for his 'condemnable views' in the Delhi gangrape case at a time when the entire nation was outraged and protests were taking place across the country demanding enactment of strict law against the rapists.