Delhi gangrape: SC to examine definition of 'juvenile' in justice act
"We have to examine the matter," the bench said, adding that "the matter is relating to fixation of age". "It is a question of law," it said.
The Attorney General, who was asked to assist the court, said the Justice J S Verma committee report has gone into all the issues and the Centre was going to assist the court.
Vahanvati said that the state governments can also be asked to assist the court and there are NGOs which are also active on the issue.
The bench, however, said, "The states have no role and we are not going to hear the NGOs."
- RTI reveals ‘flaws’ in preparation of poll rolls
- Post poll, parties do seat maths
- Cops speak for Pawar: ‘He didn’t threaten voters’
- Industrial bodies announce boycott of Bains
- EC issues notices to Bittu, Ayali
- Punjab dairy board asks for Rs 1.4 lakh for 70,000-page RTI reply, later delivers a few 100 pages ‘free of cost’