Delhi gangrape: SC to examine definition of 'juvenile' in justice act
- Navy officer dies on board INS Kolkata off Mumbai
- SC calls Sahara proposal an âinsultâ, Subrata Roy to stay in jail till March 11
- I'm not a terrorist, Modi should have met me: Arvind Kejriwal
- Modi to hold 'Chai Pe Charcha' on women empowerment on Saturday
- SC issues notice to Centre on Kiran Reddy's PIL against creation of Telangana
"We have to examine the matter," the bench said, adding that "the matter is relating to fixation of age". "It is a question of law," it said.
The Attorney General, who was asked to assist the court, said the Justice J S Verma committee report has gone into all the issues and the Centre was going to assist the court.
Vahanvati said that the state governments can also be asked to assist the court and there are NGOs which are also active on the issue.
The bench, however, said, "The states have no role and we are not going to hear the NGOs."