Delhi gangrape shakes Parliament; Jaya Bachchan breaks down, Sushma Swaraj, others seek death penalty
- LIVE: Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan expelled from AAP National Executive committee
- President Pranab Mukherjee goes to Vajpayee's home with Bharat Ratna
- Land bill will ‘break nation’s backbone’, Sonia tells Gadkari
- After 2010 scare, DGCA got cockpit policy to avert Germanwings-type incident
- Leave IITs alone, can’t talk to 36 applicants in a day and choose (directors): Kakodkar
JD (U)'s Shivanand Tiwari linked these incidents to consumer culture and commodification of women in advertisements and films, and said that "item dances" are happening in movies. Bachchan objected to this, as she said, "How can you say that this kind of incidents are happening due to item songs".
Replying to the discussion, Shinde said the government proposes to have the case "tried by a fast-track court, with a request for day-to-day hearing, so that the trial does not linger". Besides, a special task force will be constituted to look into the safety of women in Delhi, taking into consideration suggestions made by members, he added.