Delhi gangrape shakes Parliament; Jaya Bachchan breaks down, Sushma Swaraj, others seek death penalty
- Dawood's hanging would have satisfied us more: Family of 93 blasts victim
- Terrorists who attacked Gurdaspur came from Pakistan: Rajnath Singh
- Nation bids tearful adieu to former president APJ Abdul Kalam
- Why this unseemly hurry in Yakub execution: Prashant Bhushan
- Taliban confirms leader Mullah Omar's death, new successor already in place
JD (U)'s Shivanand Tiwari linked these incidents to consumer culture and commodification of women in advertisements and films, and said that "item dances" are happening in movies. Bachchan objected to this, as she said, "How can you say that this kind of incidents are happening due to item songs".
Replying to the discussion, Shinde said the government proposes to have the case "tried by a fast-track court, with a request for day-to-day hearing, so that the trial does not linger". Besides, a special task force will be constituted to look into the safety of women in Delhi, taking into consideration suggestions made by members, he added.