Delhi gangrape: Singapore General Hospital starts post-mortem of victim
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Singapore General Hospital have started post-mortem of the Delhi gangrape victim, who breathed her last at 2.15 am IST at Mount Elizabeth Hospital. Sources confirmed that by 10.30 am IST her post-mortem started under the Forensic Medicine Division (FMD) of Singapore, after a green signal from the state coroner there.
As per the Singapore law, the body of the victim was transferred to the public hospital from Mount Elizabeth hospital, where she was being treated for the past two days, earlier in the day after completion of hospital formalities.
Sources said, as is the norm in the country, the coroner examined the body, and based on the circumstances of the case gave the go ahead for the full autopsy procedure. It is believed that the Indian authorities, based on the family's requests, wanted to hurry all formalities so that they could be flown back to the country at the earliest.
The autopsy procedure is likely to take a few hours, after which the body will be embalmed.
The girl's family members, who are scheduled to fly back today with the body, is unlikely to leave Singapore before early evening.
A special chartered flight has flown to Singapore from Delhi at around 8 am to bring the deceased's body and her family back to the country.
- Live: Kejriwal does a U turn, urges people to come in largeÂ numbers
- Women competent enough, they need opportunities, saysÂ Rahul
- â€˜Modi has a majoritarian, authoritarian attitudeâ€¦ such a policy and style of govt would be a disaster for thisÂ countryâ€™
- â€˜Narmada water not reaching farmers for want of minor canalsâ€™ | The Indian Express