Delhi gangrape: Singapore hospital doctor deposes as witness through video conferencing
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A doctor of a Singapore hospital who had conducted the post mortem examination of the December 16 gangrape victim today testified as a prosecution witness through video conferencing in a Delhi court.
Additional Sessions Judge Yogesh Khanna, who is heading the fast track court set up to try cases of sexual offences, recorded the statement of Dr Paul Chui, Senior Consultant (forensic pathology) at Mount Elizabeth Hospital in Singapore.
Chui's examination concluded today after he was crossexamined by the counsel appearing for five accused.
The court, which is hearing in-camera proceedings in the case on day-to-day basis, has fixed tomorrow for recording of evidence of another doctor who had treated the girl at the Singapore hospital.
The victim was airlifted to Mount Elizabeth Hospital on December 27, 2012 for further treatment on the advice of a team of doctors from Safdarjung hospital here after 10 days of the incident.
The girl, however, had died on December 29, 2012 in the hospital as a result of the grievous injuries she had suffered when she was sexually assaulted by six people, one of whom has been declared as a juvenile and is facing trial before the Juvenile Justice Board.
The five adult accused who are facing trial in the case are bus driver Ram Singh and his brother Mukesh, Pawan Gupta, Vinay Sharma and Akshay Singh.
The details of the proceedings cannot be reported by the media as the court has imposed a ban on it under the law.
- LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal targets Reliance Industries
- My heart bleeds to see what is happening in the House: ManmohanÂ Singh
- Sonia named Chairperson of Congress Campaign panel for LS polls, Rahul ViceÂ Chairman
- US free to interact with Modi, but must apply standards consistent with its policy on human rights:Â Khurshid