Delhi gangrape: Sushilkumar Shinde appears to equate protesters with Maoists
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stops in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
On the delayed political reaction to the protests by the youths, Shinde said both Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh have appealed for calm and peace and were giving instructions to him to take necessary action.
"Soniaji was talking to us. The PM was talking to us. He was holding meetings. When we prepared the statements, he was part of those statements," he said.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18